Sr. Financial Analyst
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Senior Financial Analyst. This position would be responsible for providing financial support for achieving performance goals for the Specialty Flow Control Global business as well as the Flow Control Americas Business Unit individually. Provides overall financial support for orders and sales review, new initiatives, inventory reduction, process improvements, budget/forecast agenda items to maximize financial and operational performance. Assists as required and prepares special ad hoc financial analysis and presentations for management.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly Global Specialty Flow Control Business Review slides, including P&L, Balance Sheet, Working Capital, and other financial and operational data in Excel and PowerPoint.
- Monthly reporting of Orders and Sales by Market.
- Assist in preparation of Pre-MBR presentation for the Flow Control Americas Business Unit.
- Support coordination of the budget and forecasting activities understanding the year over year changes, and related upload of information into the One Stream system.
- Weekly coordination and preparation of Orders and Sales Outlook files for weekly review meetings. Upload of weekly flash projections into One Stream.
- Prepare and distribute Daily Tracker for Orders and Sales using Business Objects.
- Monthly tracking of Price Realization reporting vs budget, forecast, and prior year
- Coordinate monthly marketing accruals and develop monthly reporting for Marketing expenses.
- Support month end close for the Flow Control Americas Business unit including preparing standard & quarterly accrual journal entries, reconciliation of G/L to source ERP system, prepare related balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare analysis and data for annual tax package
- Ad hoc reporting
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or financial/accounting with +5 years of business experience
- Must have a working knowledge of United States Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (“US GAAP”)
- Experience working in large Manufacturing- oriented organizations
- Must have the ability to engage business process owners in a direct yet professional manner, thoroughly evaluate business processes, and quickly identify potential control gaps.
- Requires demonstrated skill in written and oral communications and interview skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint. Experience in financial systems such as HFM or One Stream and related forecast/budget preparation.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized. Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Business Objects and/or similar database query skills
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.