1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: This positions primary role is to support the delivery of condition assessment projects across the globe by providing structural analysis of pipelines and related structures using finite element analysis methods and design standards evaluations.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide structural analysis of pipelines, including design standard checks, live load analyses, repair design, Finite Element Analysis (FEA) based limit state performance evaluation for pipes under various forms of distress (corrosion, deformation, broken prestressing wire, cracking, etc) and loading conditions.
- Perform expert consultation with Project Managers and end clients: provide an engineering perspective on the results of internal inspections completed by the company, including strategic risk management guidance and value engineering.
- Production of engineering reports.
- Occasional travel, extended at times, for field investigations and inspections
- Hands-on internal and external pipeline inspections, pipe dissections, materials sampling and rehabilitation of pipes.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Registered Professional Structural Engineer
- Minimum five (5) years of work experience in Mechanical or Civil Engineering field
- ABET accredited B.S required, M.S. desired
- Excellent written and communication skills
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 25%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.