BURR BENCH A
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
This is an exciting opportunity to join Xylem’s Applied Water Systems (AWS) business and its efforts to provide products and systems for the efficient movement and use of water in homes, commercial buildings, light industry, agriculture and irrigation. Xylem employees share a passion for meeting the world’s needs by offering the best water solutions to our customers. Xylem seeks employees with the ingenuity, skill and passion to help solve the world’s water challenges. Learn more at www.xylem.com., and click on Our Brands with a focus on Goulds Water Technology.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Burr Bench Operator to perform deburring, under filing, polishing and balancing operations on pump impellers of various metallurgies.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Maintain high safety standards and follow all company safety rules
- Balance impellers on balancing machines.
- Clean impellers with files and pneumatic grinders to smooth surfaces
- Under file and polish impellers following engineering chart or PIR instructions
- Select correct arbor and bearing segments and set machines for balancing
- Use standard setup sheets or make new setup sheets, recording machine adjustments for impellers not previously balanced
- Set machine in operation to determine out of balance sections
- Calculate amount of stock to grind to remove stock.
- Utilize provided PPE when grinding (protective face hood, safety glasses, cut-resistant gloves, ear plugs, apron, sleeves) as well as employee owned metatarsal guard safety shoes.
- Performs other miscellaneous duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma / GED
- 6 months industrial/manufacturing experience desirable
- Ability to communicate with people and follow verbal and written instructions
- Should be able to learn to understand and apply the principals involved in the operation of the dynamic balancing and under filing operations, and apply these principles in balancing and under filing various sized impellers.
- Use shop arithmetic and make simple calculations, and read curves.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work in standing or sitting position 10 hours/shift
- Considerable arm movement
- Work requires close attention to lifting and handling of medium weight parts up to 35 lbs. Heavy parts raised to position with chain hoist
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Average shop conditions with some temperature variations due to seasons
- Subjected to noisy environment requires wearing of ear plugs.
- Standard PPE required: safety glasses or safety goggles, face shield, ear plugs, safety shoes with toe and metatarsal guards, gloves and protective apron and/or sleeves (provided by company except for shoes)
EOE including disability and veteran