Engineer – Execution (Temp Roll)
Engineer – Execution (Temp Roll)
Overview of Xylem
Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2017 revenue of $4.7 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Brief Description/Job Summary (this section is to be used for postings on social media outlets – examples below):
Coordinating & managing all the customer & Inter departmental Engineering issue, contract management, Responsible to make sure things are as per contract from Company & to customer till hand-over.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Assisting sales & execution team, managing and supporting for sales & inspection documentation.
- Follow up on orders to customers, payment follow up with customers / distributors
- Liaison with cross functional departments and customer to provide information and service required for closing and executing orders.
- Work closely with the Sales & execution team and distributors to assess the progress of the department and develop Sales strategy accordingly.
- Generating monthly MIS reports
- Familiarity with Pump fundamentals.
- Basic understanding of project management function.
- Responsible for handling project planning, scheduling, coordinating with internal as well as external customers.
- Understanding of Contractual requirements on technical details.
- Working closely with project manager/site manager / sourcing.
- On time delivery to be the main focus area.
- Generating, managing & coordinating the change order cases for customers
- Preparing and tracking the invoicing plan & Collection plan.
- Maintaining the customer account and reconciliation.
- Coordinating site dispatches and help complete site dispatch documentation.
- Coordinating logistic arrangements for timely dispatch/delivery of materials as per requirement
- Customer site relationship management – Working closely with customer site representative for all technical, commercial and contractual matters
- Reporting - Preparation of the review sheets, reports, etc for the project management review on weekly, monthly and quarterly basis
- Giving reports to project manager / site manager and raising the red flags at right time.
- Should be aware of Bank Guarantees, claims, etc
- Should be willing to travel and may have to stay at site for few days as per the business requirement
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 1-3-Year bachelor’s degree in engineering / Diploma in engineering (preferably mechanical Engineer)
- Problem solving & patient
- Multi- tasking
- Phone skills
- Resolving conflicts
- Analyzing information
- Quick thinking
- Interpersonal skills.
- At least 2-3 years of experience dealing with projects navigation / completion in mechanical/rotating equipment for power / process and utilities industries
- Capable of working with cross functional team
- Adaptability to work with different work culture, time zones.
- Extensive site exposure and E&M activities
- Staying at remote sites for prolong period