Head of Talent, Emerging Markets
Xylem is a leading water technology company committed to "solving water" by creating innovative and smart technology solutions to meet the world's water, wastewater and energy needs. In a world of ever-growing challenges, Xylem delivers innovative water technology solutions throughout the cycle of water. Our technological strength across the life cycle of water is second-to-none. From collection and distribution to reuse and return to nature, our highly efficient water technologies, industrial pumps and application solutions not only use less energy and reduce life-cycle costs, but also promote sustainability.
What you will do?
The Senior Learning & Talent Manager acts as a strategic partner to the senior business leaders and regional HRBPs with the development and execution of learning and talent strategies that aligns with and supports the overall direction of the organization. In this role, the Senior Learning & Talent Manager Emerging Markets will focus on the activation of global talent initiatives and support the development of local/regional talent programs/processes.
You have the following key relationships:
- External : Talent and Learning professionals and/or Learning vendors/consultants, other
- Internal: Regional HR Team, Total Rewards COE team, Regional Business Leadership, Regional Hi-Potentials and Hi-Professionals.
- Responsible for delivering a talent and learning strategy in the region, in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of training and development, talent management, change management, organizational and performance management.
- Partners with HR team and business leaders to conduct learning needs assessments, determine what needs exist and finds creative learning solutions, using multiple approaches.
- Supports Emerging Markets HR leader on critical and senior level recruitments.
- Supports the LMS strategy and encourages regional teams on the use of the tool.
- Designs and develops the principles and overall approach to organizational reviews, talent reviews, succession planning, strategic workforce planning and assessing high potential talent, critical roles and developing individuals. Supports the Regional HR Teams on the implementation of these tools.
- Partners with the HR team to ensure robust development plans are in place for high-potential talent within the region.
- Operates as a change leader and provides thought leadership in organizational development & design.
- Maintains clear understanding of the overall Xylem strategy and regional business priorities, and understands the related learning and talent implications.
- Facilitates and role models a strong leadership and coaching culture. Assist HRBPs and business unit leaders in providing employees with development opportunities that align with current and future performance standards.
- Maintain knowledge of progressive learning and talent practices and key trends. Reviews and benchmarks the internal and external environment to improve learning and talent initiatives. Identifies and drives the sharing of best practices across functions to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent skills in Learning, Instructional Design, Business or related field.
- 10+ years of related professional experience, preferably in the learning and development space.
- Substantial business acumen with clear, comprehensive understanding of the link between talent and other HR initiatives and business strategy
- Act as an enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Significant knowledge of learning, talent and employee engagement processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with Workday; seen as a plus
- Willing to travel (around 25-35%)
- A position in our organization where you are able to develop new initiatives and motivate teams to be at their best
- Enthusiastic colleagues across teams who are keen on working with you and sharing their knowledge and expertise
- A high level of flexibility and independence and a chance to leave your mark in the creation of water technology that fits the way people work
- An attractive salary and benefits