Assembler - Solder
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an Assembler at Xylem Analytics San Diego. Xylem’s analytics businesses are leading manufacturers of premium field, portable, laboratory and online analytical instruments used in water and wastewater, environmental, medical, food and beverage and life science applications.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Follow work instructions, production drawings and procedures under supervision.
- Utilize schematics, Engineering drawings, verbal instructions, change notices and parts list to inspect for update and verify assemble revisions.
- Responsible for performing a wide variety of electronic, mechanical or electro-mechanical assembly/rework operations including assembly tasks such as soldering surface mount, thru hold, potting, encapsulating, sanding, epoxy bonding etc
- Perform automated or manual test and inspection to ensure that parts built meet defined specifications and standards.
- Collect, log into database, analyze and interpret test data. Required to complete paperwork, and maintain accurate documentation. Perform routine electronic testing.
- Verify products meet or exceed stated requirements related to workmanship and product Specifications
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification
- High School Degree/GED or equivalent and 3 years of experience in production environment
- The candidate must also be able to work under pressure, meet deadlines and possess a can-do attitude.
- Electronic soldering experience required
- Strong mechanical skills, knowledge of most hand tools, crimp tools and torque tools. Ability to lift 40 lbs and to perform repetitive hand motions. Knowledge of ESD procedures
- Ability to solve practical problems, calculate proportions, percentage, volume etc.
- Ability to read engineering drawings, schematics, assembly drawings and follow on computer and written work instructions
- Be able to prioritize and plan work activities and Attention to details essential
- Follow Safety Procedures
- Must be able to read, write and understand in English and follow instructions
- Basic Computer and MS Office (Word, Excel and Access) user experience is a plus
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-30 lbs.)
- Ability to move within work cell as necessary
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Must be able to sit and stand for extended period of time.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work usually performed in a general production/assembly environment
- Standard weekly job hours:40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.