Product Manager (m/w/d), Residential Water Metrology
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
Product Manager, Residential Water Metrology (m/f/d)
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Product Manager, Residential Water Metrology, who will be responsible for leading product development projects as part of the Global Water Product Management team. They will primarily be focused on building upon and expanding our international product offerings, in close collaboration with the global team.
The Product Manager, Residential Water Metrology is responsible for managing, developing and driving profitable international business growth, by being a part of an integrated team of product managers to perform full lifecycle management over the suite of the international residential metrology portfolio, as well as new product development through the XPD process.
In partnership with Product Marketing, they will lead the targeting and positioning strategy within defined market segments, and develop product roadmaps to align and achieve these strategies. In order to be successful in this role, they will be a champion of understanding and implementing Voice of the Customer, and will partner closely will R&D, Program Management, and others to translate customer needs into development requirements that drive profitable business growth.
In addition to new product development, the Product Manager, Residential Water Metrology will manage all aspects of the product line, including: prioritization of Value Engineering projects, SKU rationalization, product pricing strategies & proposals, and competitor analysis. Further, this position will also require robust leadership skills, both internal and external to the position, and the right candidate will feel ownership over the entire product line, and will champion its success both internally and externally. Finally, they will partner closely with both sales and marketing communication to develop training and marketing materials, and successfully lead our go to market strategies.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manages the execution of the multi-year roadmap for the residential water metrology product line including; new product development, value improvements, product introductions, ongoing marketing, product support and service, to serve as input into product development resource allocation, business development, and communications
- Collaborate effectively with Vertical Marketing team to develop local launch plans that will empower sales (product launches, application areas, product brand thought leadership).
- Understands and specifies market requirements and market and technology trends for current and future products by conducting product related market research supported by Voice of Customer received through on-going visits to customers and other stakeholders
- Maintains competitive mapping of strengths and weaknesses of major competitors and understands their “go to market” strategy.
Sales and Profitability
- Collaborates with local Sales and Marketing teams to understand rationale behind wins and losses and market trends; Carefully follows up sales, orders and standard margin with the aim to reach targets, if not identify and drive actions to close the gap
- Provide strategic pricing guidelines across markets. Price List, as well as specific product/segment-focused efforts.
- Manage the product life cycle (launch to end-of-life) strategy and execution including identifying “sweet spot” applications in the market verticals by ensuring competitiveness of products (costs, features, price) by developing relevant business cases for decision making
- Manage the entire product life cycle through phase-out, all while keeping the product line competitive
Guardianship & Support
- Participates in technical meetings, conferences, workshops, industry days, trade shows and association events
- Active participation in the development of sales tools and ensure its product data is updated.
- Thought leadership activities (e.g. white papers) by developing content and/or presenting
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering or Business from an accredited institution, or equivalent
- A higher degree in Business Administration is preferred. Master’s degree in Business Administration is desirable
- A minimum of 7 years previous experience in product management
- Demonstrated experience working in an global team in a matrix organization
- Demonstrate excellent computer, communication, presentation, management and analytical skills. Be able to resolve difficult technical and business issues. Be a self-starter with high motivation to achieve goals
- Strong interpersonal, teamwork and problem-solving skills in order to effectively work with customers, business partners, staff and management from a variety of skill levels as well as different authority levels
- Ability to understand technical issues and understand impact on projects, and effectively communicate these issues and impact to direct reports as well as other project stakeholders
- Flexibility in terms of dealing with changing priorities and dealing with multiple projects simultaneously
- The ability to have fun
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
• Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
• Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
• Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
• Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
For questions regarding this opportunity, please reach out to Niklas Naunheim, Corporate Recruiter at Tel.: +49 1621374371
We are looking forward to your application!
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.