Senior Internal Auditor
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: The Senior Internal Auditor assists with the development of work plans and execution of various internal audits including Balance Sheet reviews, Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOA) and other compliance and operational audits. Based on a firm understanding of auditing standards, conducts various reviews to ensure Xylems’ facilities compliance with established policies, SOA and US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) requirements.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
The Role: As a member of the Xylem Headquarters Internal Audit Group and reporting to the Senior IA Manager, Americas, you will lead and assist co-sourced Internal Audit Teams on various projects across the Americas region (US, Canada and South America) that encompass areas of SOA compliance, operational, financial and specialized audits. Key responsibilities include review and identification of SOA site controls, assessment of control design, recommending control design improvements where applicable, testing key controls and thorough completion of all work-paper testing and test plans. Financial audits will include review and testing of key Balance Sheet accounts, financial reporting and other operational audits or special projects. The incumbent is expected to be seen as a valued business partner to Xylem’s business teams across the Company.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting is required. Professional designation (CPA, CIA, CFE) is preferred.
- 5-7 years of internal audit experience with a large manufacturing enterprise and/or an internationally recognized accounting firm is required.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong English communication skills, including written and spoken, is required. The ability to speak a second language (Spanish or Portugese) is a requirement.
- Strong project management and business partnership skills are necessary.
- Experience with data mining and data analytics tools (e.g., ACL) is desired.
- 25% travel (sometimes international/overnight) is required for this position.
- Note: This is a position with high visibility that offers the potential ability to relocate in the future. The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is highly motivated to grow his/her career within Xylem’s Operational Finance teams or at the Regional level.
- Building acumen
- Business partnership
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Finance project management
- Inspiring accountability
- Intelligent risk management
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- 25% travel to US & Canadian sites with occasional South American travels.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.