Customer Service Coordinator II
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Goulds Water Technology, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Customer Service Coordinator to support our customers. The CSR will interface with customers to handle inquiries on product availability and quotes, coordinate order management with internal departments and provide general assistance to the Sales organization. This role will be based out of the Seneca Falls, NY office.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Receives order input and ascertains product specification, clarifies customer order language condensing where possible and verifies product construction
- Edits customer orders and assigns codes for statistical tabulation and commodity identification. Assigns method of shipment, tag information and product pricing
- Communicates with customers through verbal, written and personal contact concerning delivery issues and complaints such as material shortages, incorrect shipments, lost material, incorrect pricing and product availability. Interfaces with necessary departments to effect solutions
- Understand the catalog and products so proper actions can be taken to meet customer requirements
- Generates inter-departmental inquiries regarding availability of delinquent product and requests to expedite
- Proficient use of ERPLX, MS office, excel
- Handle and process customer complaints and determine requirements to resolve them.
- Prepare quotes for existing part numbers including price and lead-time.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 2-4 years of Customer Service experience
- Network software capable: MS office, Outlook, EDI
- Effective verbal/written communication skills.
- Phone etiquette
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- Organization and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment, welcoming change and growth
- Ability to process a high volume of transactions with proficiency, accuracy and integrity
- Strong commitment to working with a team, providing excellent customer service and maintaining professionalism
- Demonstrated customer advocacy and time management skills
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- S. Degree
- Knowledge of business operating systems i.e. SAP or ERP system
- Experience with Sales, a plus
- Customer service experience in a technical product line, B2B ideally
- Deliver results. A CSR possesses the ability to build collaborative relationships with customers, team members and other departments to consistently meet customer needs and concerns. They stay focused, achieve goals and are motivated by timely outcomes.
- Build through teamwork. A CSR acts as liaison between the customer and the facility. The CSR establishes good interpersonal relationships to further effective communication with other departments and deliver results quickly and satisfactorily.
- Lead with Character. A CSR leads by example and is always honest, credible and trustworthy. They keep their word and follow through on commitments.
- Inspire Commitment. The CSR is a facilitator who is able to motivate others toward common goals. They help people feel valued, appreciated and included, and in the process, gain the commitment of others.
- Create the Future.The CSR provides appropriate training and guidance to team members where necessary. They are continually learning and working toward self-improvement. They are unafraid to drive changes that ensure improvements to work tasks.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.