Product Manager - Applied Water Solutions (AWS)
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
Xylem Water Solutions SA seeks to appoint a Product Manager, to be established in either Johannesburg, South Africa, Nairobi, Kenya or Egypt, therefore we invite applicants that live & can work in these countries, to apply.
JOB OBJECTIVEProduct Managers are responsible for leading teams of Product & Application Engineers that collaborate to provide regional product management, product marketing and application expertise to support sales and service to deliver on our promise to customers and drive sustainable profitable growth. The role is both strategic (~40%) and tactical (~60%) in its nature due to the scale and size of the Africa market and organization
- Accountable for the morale, capabilities and diversity of the team representing their product group(s) in supporting the whole organization.
- Develops their own strong communications governance and rhythm that incudes a mix of team meetings, weekly bullets, 1-1s and monthly reports.
- Holds regular 1-1s with all team members and supports their development and growth in their chosen career path.
- Continually takes a 1-2 view in determining plans and actions to help deliver results aligned to Xylem’s strategy as One Company.
- Manages their team’s workload & focus to effectively deliver regional product management and product marketing leadership and day to day product & application support to the organization.
Strengthen Customer Experience
- Enable and support sales to secure orders from pre-sales, order to delivery and after-sales support in a timely and professional manner:
- Handles and directs enquiries from customers via phone, email and website.
- Responsible for Select, Configure, Price & Quote (SCPQ) process to meet customer requirements, performance standards and budgetary requirements.
- Provides technical advice and support to customers or internal stakeholders on range of Xylem products.
- Promotes rental and service, spare parts and project solutions to customers.
- Prepares quotes, supports order management & technical sales team to ensure the correct entry of select sales and purchase orders, completes paperwork and advises production and distribution team of urgent and/or special delivery requirements, in line with Xylem policies to deliver business and customer requirements.
- Manages projects and processes to ensure on time customer delivery.
- Resolves and manage customer complaints, disputes and warranty claims.
- Build technical knowledge and liaises with product and application specialists on customer technical requests as required.
- Collaborate across functions to deliver the customer experience outcome required to deliver customer satisfaction.
- Ensures policies and procedures are in place and adhered to and company pricing, safety and quality standards are adhered to at all times.
- Delivering all of these functions may at time also include visiting customers in person.
- Provide overflow support for other area teams as required.
Regional Product Management
- Deploy the local toll gate processes for product launches to successfully introduce new products & services to the market.
- Lifecycle management of the product portfolio to ensure product obsolescence is identified and executed to ensure a suitable and sustainable offering is presented to the market.
- Regional execution of obsoleting products including appropriate pricing, communication to CTs, Sales teams, customers, etc.
- Support analysis of maintaining optimum inventory levels of the product.
- Conduct annual pricing and product rationalization activities.
- Development and/or management of effective and efficient Select/Configure/Price/Quote tools and relevant supporting collateral for the product portfolio – this includes effective storage of these materials for efficient access by the organization.
- Collaboration with the Supply Chain team in the development of an effective local stocking strategy.
- Collaboration with the Procurement team to identify savings and efficiencies in procurement of third party products & accessories to complement Xylem’s offerings in packaged solutions.
- Oversight of an effective warranty process that ensures the organization is able to suitably assess faulty goods & workmanship for the product portfolio.
- Scheduled regular interactions with the global organization to escalate and address product issues and to provide local VOC as an input into the development of global product roadmaps.
- Develop and deploy effective product & application training to ensure the local organization has the ability to Select/Configure/Price/Quote solutions using the product portfolio across target end markets.
- Monitor the strategies and offerings of local competitors to best position Xylem products & services in the local market.
- Identify, plan and execute product localization strategies to complement the organizations growth strategy
Regional Product Marketing
- Capture VOC to discover key customer challenges and insights from target end markets to drive the development of standard sales/service/rental offerings that ”solve water” for customer.
- Develop and document differentiated value propositions and collateral for sales/service/rental offerings that allow Sales teams to strongly advocate for Xylem solutions.
- Develop strategic pricing including list price and discount structures to arrive at target premium recommended sell prices in each end market.
- Identify the most effective sales channel to reach each target end market balancing the buying preferences of customers and the resourcing/capability of the local Xylem team.
- Develop and deploy effective marketing campaigns and activities via both traditional channels (trade shows, customer seminars, industry journal advertising & brochures) and digital channels (campaigns, email marketing, SEO/SEM, social media, webinars and digital advertising) that are connected to the organizations overall strategy.
- Regularly monitor and measure the effectiveness of these product marketing strategies via targeted analysis including oversight of orders, sales, standard margin and local stock health for the product portfolio.
Drive Continuous Improvement
- Identify opportunities to improve ways of working to increase efficiency and effectiveness of tools, knowledge and expertise in the business and to increase value to the customer.
- Identify and understand areas for customer satisfaction improvement, influence stakeholders and implement measures to drive improvement.
- Implement defined metrics, processes and best practices in improving service quality to customers (e.g. call quality, enquiry response time, quality of response, on time delivery).
- Leading efforts in forecasting, pricing changes, reporting and analysis as required.
- Assists in the implementation of strategies and programs designed to improve Quality Assurance and Environmental Health and Safety, consistent with objectives.
- Orders, Sales and Standard Margin for the product portfolio and the relevant GC
- Stock health metrics for the product portfolio and the relevant GC
- NPS results from customers
- Sales Barometer results from sales
- System and technical expertise embedded within the Africa team
- A Tertiary qualifications in the field of engineering, marketing or business are desirable.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in engineering, marketing and sales, or direct engineering
- Analysis and synthesis
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Cross boundary collaboration
- Customer & Market intelligence
- Market/Product Strategy & Planning
- Project management
- Product localization
- Sales enablement & execution
- Developing capability
LOCALLY REQUIRED INFORMATIONDomestic travel within Africa will be required at times as will very infrequent overseas travel
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your application, please consider your application unsuccessful