Sr. Manager-Product Operations
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem is seeking a Sr. Manager Product Operations for the global Sensus Smart Metering product portfolio which consists of smart meters, communications, software, and services offerings. The Sr. Manager is the backbone of the product management organization and will collaborate with colleagues across many global functional groups to locate, aggregate and transform data into actionable business and product insights. The ideal candidate for this role will be a self-starter, a relentless problem solver, and be very results oriented. The Sr. Manager will have an entrepreneurial spirit and will support and propel the team to business growth through leadership by using data and process.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Monitor product performance and organizational progress by implementing, monitoring, and reporting on product profitability, product usability, customer sentiment, and organizational maturity metrics
- Develop and oversee processes related to product operations such as roadmap governance, product lifecycle management processes, metrics reporting, organizational OKRs, etc.
- Research new topics, analyze data, and provide insights to product leaders to improve products and propel the business forward.
- Collaborate with product, finance, project, marketing, and operational leaders to build reports and dashboards that help to understand key insights about our users.
- Develop and maintain regular reporting related to potential new products and growth opportunities, as well as current products in market.
- Provide support to the team for requested tasks, proactively organizing tasks, communicating and developing next steps.
- Identify and facilitate process improvement projects, training and workshops to drive cultural change, improve efficiencies, reduce cost/time and increase end user satisfaction.
- Create high impact presentations with business insights for executives, coordinate executive meeting agendas and strategy workshops
- Analyze and recommend vendors and tools, while providing vendor management support.
- Publish monthly and quarterly reports on product and end-market performance.
- Responsible for aggregating and reporting metrics such as Product Standard Margin, New Product Vitality Index, Sustainability
- Create ad hoc reporting for corporate and M&CS leadership team, as needed.
- Resolve data issues when concerns are raised. Strive to continuously improve integrity of the data reported to gain trust, support and use of the data (one truth) for business decisions.
- Strong, analytical and problem solving skills with a good grasp of both the technical and business side of business intelligence.
- Collaborates with diverse, global groups and the IT organization to ensure transparent reporting.
- Build strong relationships with Global Product Management, Product Marketing, Operations, Finance and Sales to drive use of data metrics.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science/Arts degree in Business or Technical Degree
- 7+ years of experience working in a fast-paced business environment
- Expert knowledge in Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge/experience with SAP or other ERP systems, Salesforce.com tools.
- Experience implementing SaaS metrics such as Annual Recurring Revenue, Customer Acquisition Cost
- Knowledge of Tableau usage/report building and other Business Intelligence tools.
- Travel requirement: As needed less than 20%
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.