Marketing Communication Specialist
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Overview of Role:
The Country Marketing Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting the development, coordination, execution and tracking of the local marketing programs, to acquire, nurture leads and engage customers.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities Countries:
- Support the Country Marketing Communications Manager to ensure the right combination of digital and traditional marketing initiatives for lead generation and brand awareness.
- Support development of local campaigns to support local initiatives, with clear monitoring of performance and ROI.
- Maintain the quality of the customer data base and lead tracking process through SalesForce CRM.
- Contribute to the management of and ensure the correct content of local websites, incl. regular news publication; implementation of SEO actions to increase traffic on Xylem websites and nurture leads as well as monitoring web analytics.
- Support the creation of local version of the European Customer Newsletter (e.g. Waves of Innovation).
- Conduct e-invitations for all events, set up and manage online registration systems. Coordinate webinars.
- Manage and coordinate customised company profiles and assets for virtual events.
- Maintain and develop sales enablement tools.
- Support any local extranet dedicated to customers or partners (e.g. Waterdrop, extranet for distributors).
- Contribute to local social media content calendar to increase the brand value and promote Xylem’s solutions.
- Manage the local email signature banners and ensure their correct use.
ADVERTISING & PUBLIC RELATIONS
- Coordinate the production of local content in alignment with the content strategy to promote thought leadership: e.g. local press releases, case stories, editorial articles, blogs and obtaining customer consent where applicable.
- Contribute to the management of cost-effective local print and digital advertisements as part of overall campaigns with a clear ROI measurement.
- Ensure the availability of necessary collaterals (brochures, leaflets, posters, and pull-up stands) to support the business and to be used in lead generation campaigns.
- If required by the local business plan, contribute to production of new collaterals to meet the local market requirements, in coordination with relevant functions.
- Ensure a consistent collateral inventory system, and an efficient process to print only necessary materials, and an optimisation of print costs.
- Ensure efficient organisation of events: trade shows, conferences, Xylem customer events including production plant visits, seminars, etc. in collaboration with relevant functions.
- Monitor the local industry event calendar to identify opportunities for thought leadership and brand presence; coordinate with the CT and GCs to identify appropriate speakers.
- Support speakers in the creation of speaker presentations if needed for special events.
- Manage the local exhibition material including product demo units and other event inventory. Ensure an efficient distribution to and from scheduled events in timely manner.
SALES PROMOTION & CHANNEL SUPPORT
- Identify necessary POS materials for promotion of Xylem brands.
- Contribute to the cost-effective purchase of giveaways for the increase of Xylem brand value.
- Ensure local coordination between technical, sales, industry-vertical and GCs teams, of product launches.
- Contribute to the local launch plan preparation, by coordinating necessary assets and materials for product launches.
- Ensure compliance with respect to Xylem brand guidelines, by the CTs and Xylem local partners (Distributors, etc.), for the consistency of Xylem image and brands.
- Ensure the relationships with local vendors and order entries for marketing spend. Ensure that European standardised vendor agreements are honoured.
- Measure ROI and Key Metrics according to set KPI definitions and identify corrective actions.
Key Relationships & Collaboration:
- Vertical Marketing
- Digital Marketing
- Demand Generation
- Local Sales Leads
- CTs / local Product Managers or local GC Managers
- Local Business Development Teams
- Local Finance, Controlling, Purchasing
- Agencies, Contractors, Consultants, Distributors and end customers, Vendors, Trade Associations, Media.
- Good copy-writing skills
- Strong understanding of how all current digital marketing channels function
- Innovative spirit, initiative, autonomy, positive can-do attitude
- Self-driven, proactive and pragmatic
- Organised, consistent, detail-oriented
- Fluent in English (oral and written)
- Ability to work transversally with other departments (technical, sales, IT, etc.)
- Knowledge of InDesign and Photoshop graphics software for layout and image management
- Analytical and project management skills
- Experience with CRM and marketing automation (SalesForce and Marketo preferably)
- Experience in planning and executing small to large industry tradeshows and events
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Minimum education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job:
- Bachelor's Degree in marketing.
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with technical and solutions marketing.
- Online and Social Media marketing experience.
- Experience working with PR agencies.
- Degree in environmental, civil or engineering is a plus.