Call Center Representative
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Call Center Representative will interface with end users, installers and dealers of our products and will utilize our company policies to effectively address their issues, complaints and inquiries. Since the Representatives will be the first point of contact to our users and customers we are interested in hiring individuals with a commitment to customer satisfaction and an ability to make quick and accurate decisions.
Responsibilities include: handling a high volume of calls with consistent demonstration of excellence telephone presence and assessing customer needs either to handle inquiries directly or via effective one hand-off routing. Excellent communication skills; ability to learn and comprehend basic fundamentals of our offerings, organization and customer groups; organizational skills; attention to detail; and fluency in English are essential for success. This role will be based out of Auburn, NY.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming customer phone calls and take appropriate action for each call
- Follow communication “scripts” when handling different topics
- Identify customers’ needs, clarify information, understand every issue and provide solutions
- Build sustainable relationships and engage customers by taking the extra mile
- Keep records of all conversations in our database in a comprehensible way
- Use company policies to determine if there can be an immediate resolution to a customer issue or if that issue requires managerial input
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High school diploma or GED required; two-year degree preferred
- Previous experience in a customer support role
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong/active listening, verbal and written communication skills, professional phone voice.
- Familiarity with CRM systems and practices
- Customer focus and adaptability to different personality types
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively
- Strong computer skills
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.