1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #lets solve water, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Xylem’s Treatment Project Business and its efforts to provide technology, products and systems for efficient movement, treatment of Sewage to use of treated Sewage in gardening, road cleaning, flushing and other commercial use at Government Municipalities, Power plants and Heavy industries. Specifically, Xylem employees share a passion for meeting the world’s needs by offering the best water solutions to our customers. Xylem seeks employees with the ingenuity, skill and passion to help solve the world’s water challenges.
The role & responsibility •
- Responsible for all contractual handling of the project execution.
- Review all project-relevant documents in the scope of the commercial order processing, supported by the team colleagues.
- Well aware and should able to prepare the P&ID for any mechanical Project.
- Responsible for preparation of piping layout including the pipe sizing, valve sizing, bends, miters and any special mechanical structures.
- Responsible for taking the approval from respective customer or consultant on design engineering documents.
- Responsible for coordination and communication with all stake holders of different internal department such as engineering, procurement, finance, QA/QC, Control & other Vendors.
- Responsible for Customer satisfaction with frequent meeting to understand the requirement and support to customer for right solution.
- Track the progress of the project in terms of time, execution and finance, and report discrepancies within the biweekly status meetings along with Site visits.
- Interact with the client to clarify any queries related to the project, involving the responsible sales engineer for commercial issues on their own responsibility. In specific cases request for support by the supervisor or management.
- He may participate in development projects for process improvement considering the personal know-how and expertise.
- Responsible to prepare the schedule project timelines and allocate work accordingly, with the aim to meet defined deadlines and revenue planned.
- He should aware to determine the technical requirements of the customer projects considering current standards and stipulated internal standards.
- Responsible to make scope matrix and project boundaries agreements with customers and suppliers within the scope of the projects.
- Responsible for execution of the project with efforts to ensure that schedules are strictly implemented.
- Assesses the risks, coordinates for the risk management plans and communicates with all stake holders for smooth execution.
- Responsible for project financials like Revenue, spends payments, collections, inventory, and cash flow and rolls them up in the organizational annual and quarterly budgets.
- He implements the reporting, control and monitoring system to ensure that targets are achieved on the project delivery and financial schedules as budgeted.
- Responsible for finalization of electrical & mechanical vendors to execute the project as per approved documents.
- Responsible for installation and commissioning of Plant.
- Responsible for collection and signoff of project completion certificate from customer.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BE-Mechanical from recognized university with 10 - 15 yrs of experience in factory product management.
- Knowledge of Sewage Treatment Plant Construction industry will be additional benefit
- Should be good at written and verbal communication.
- PMP Certified from PMI
- Experience of executing projects from the front and on ground
- Knowledge of electromechanical and AutoCAD knowledge is mandatory
- Adept at project management skills, Solving Skills and strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Develop and maintain a safe and well organized workplace, and ensure that all Best Practices and safety initiatives are followed.
- Adept at project management skills, draws up project schedule, monitors and controls the same with adequate buffers to meet over all deliverables
- Assesses project from standpoint of risk assessment from time to time and takes proactive actions to ensure project deliverables in terms of cost, time and quality
- Takes proactive measures to ensure smooth execution at the site
- Manager Project Development from initiation to closure
- Clearly communicate expectations to the team and stakeholders.
- Act as mediators between stakeholders and team
- Resolve and issues and solving problems during project lifecycle.
- Effectively manage project scope by ensuring any changes to scope are documented and approved with project change request forms.
- Site commissioning and STP operation.
- Willing to travel to remote site.
- Travel to remote site and may have to stay for weeks.
- Meetings and Presentation to various customer as and when required
Stamina and Adaptability:
- Capable of working with cross functional team
- Adaptability to work with different work culture, time zones.
- Staying at remote sites for prolong period.