Acoustic Data Analyst
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Our unique, proprietary SmartBall® and PipeDiver® technology use acoustic leak detection and non-destructive testing to identify and locate leaks and pockets of trapped gas in pipelines, as well as deterioration in the pipe wall. These free-swimming tools can be easily deployed in pipelines of various diameters, and operate in a variety of products including water, wastewater, oil and gas.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Interpret pipeline engineering drawings and correlate with acoustic data
- Use acoustic inspection data to identify and locate leaks and pockets of trapped gas within pipelines
- Use ultrasonic data to identify and locate areas of pipe wall thinning
- Produce technical reports based on the analysis of an acoustic inspection of a pipeline
- Work closely with project team to: understand the full scope of a project, obtain all required project information and deadlines, and resolve any concerns or problems with the inspection data
- May be required to assist with field inspections, on-site analysis and presentation of results to clients
- Occasional travel throughout North America may be required
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Organized and able to prioritize various tasks in order to meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Methodical and analytical with problem-solving situations.
- Time management skills and an ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Customer relation skills when dealing with project inquiries.
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Physics or Engineering from an accredited university.
- Strong understanding of the physical sciences.
- Knowledge of computer programming (Python, SQL, MATLAB, C++, VBA) and data science methods
- Knowledge and application of artificial intelligence systems
- Experience with non-destructive testing (NDT) data collection desirable.
- General pipeline knowledge or experience an asset.
- Strong analytical and interpretation skills.
- An aptitude for pattern recognition and excellent attention to detail.
- High level of computer literacy.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Light duty, occasional assistance in field work
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours