Engineering Co-Op R&D
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an Engineering Coop to work under the guidance of the engineering team assisting in activities such as design, development, 3D modeling, drawing, GD&T, check-out modification, fabrication and assembly of electro mechanical components and systems. Apply sound engineering principles to components and systems in order to create and assess designs, bill of materials, including 3D computer modeling, assembly, analysis, and documentation of results; construction of assemblies, sub-assemblies and components. Under direct supervision the position will, create and makes changes to 3D models and technical drawings and bills of materials according to specific instruction, clearly marked sketches and other documents. The will work to resolve routine problems of limited scope and complexity with guidance and following established policies and procedures
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Supports engineering activities such as design, development, and test of electro mechanical systems,
- Develops solutions to technical problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with routine technical tasks.
- Works with contacts in immediate work unit to obtain and/or provide information to complete assignments.
- Has a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Wants to learn from experienced engineers, technicians, and managers
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Attending an accredited University studying toward a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum rising sophomore in standing
- Basic knowledge of test methodologies and statistical tools used to solve problems
- Willingness to work in a research and development environment
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, orally with both local and remote sites
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standards
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic, and high visibility environment and work well as part of a team
- Must be willing to work out of the Xylem Seneca Falls, NY facility
- Good oral and written technical communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office: (Word, Excel, PPT)
- Demonstrate proficiency in CAD modeling software such as CREO (Preferred)
- Demonstrated ability to solve difficult problems
- Exhibits good analytical skills with ability to organize and implement engineering projects
- Understanding of engineering standards, principles and theories
- Demonstrated practical skills of mechanical design
- Excellent collaborative interpersonal skills, ability to interface and communicate well with numerous stakeholders
- Must have good multi-tasking skills and be flexible to shifting priorities
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)(Bullets)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
EOE including disability and veteran