Senior Executive Finance
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Senior Executive- Finance at Vadodara Plant. This position is part of the Financial Reporting & Accounting team with key deliverables being to support the Manager – Finance in the cycle of Record to Report i.e., monthly book close, compliance, internal controls, audits and Compliance as per Companies Acts.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Play an active role in planning the close activities, coordinating the closing activities, reviewing the key account balances prior to the closing of the books
- Maintain the Fixed Assets register including monitoring the capital work-in progress account, capitalization of completed assets, tagging them sequentially and coordinating the periodic physical verification with the help of user-groups
- Own the key account reconciliation – working closely with other finance team members, ensure timely completion of high-quality account reconciliation
- Comply with the monthly financial reporting calendar by preparing an internal calendar of activities by month and submit all the reports in OneStream Financial Management system
- Responsible for submission of all Quarterly & Annual supplemental data (forms) to the HQ with high levels of accuracy and analysis
- Support the company’s Internal control compliance program on all the SOX compliances, ensure robust process documentation and adherence
- Coordinate with auditors and plan the Statutory audit related work, responsible for addressing the audit requirements and support the Manager Finance in completion of the audit within agreed timelines
- Support during the Internal audit and ensure the audit observations get closed within agreed timelines
- Support the Balance Sheet review process by compiling all the Account reconciliations and monitor any unreconciled/long open items to ensure timely actions being taken
- Responsible for the recognition of revenue as per ASC 606/ IND AS 115 method of accounting for large projects fully complying with the US-GAAP, internal guidelines including maintaining robust documentation for the same
- Good knowledge of the IFRS and/US GAAP on revenue recognition, lease accounting, etc.
- Keep abreast of the accounting policies, reporting rules and train the team on the same.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- CA / CA Inter with 1-2 years of experience in the fields of corporate accounting, specifically in the areas of audit, finalization of accounts, internal controls and filling various form with ROC
- Should have natural interest in the field of accounting and audit
- Should be very strong in accounting standards and latest developments in the field of accounting & audit
- Handling projects accounting would be an added advantage
- Very good at MS-excel and ability to work on ERP environment
- Analytical skills required to understand the issues while scrutinizing ledgers
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours