1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networ
The Role: The Project Manager plans, monitors and manages customer projects from initiation through completion. Secures required resources and uses formal processes and tools to manage resources, budgets, risks and changes. Manages projects to ensure on-time completion according to specifications and within budgeted costs. At the higher levels, incumbents manage large multifaceted projects; at lower levels, incumbents may be concerned with clearly identifiable elements or functions within a larger project.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Works with individuals assigned to new project to organize the project execution team, gather documentation, and develop necessary actions plans to execute project. Responsible for reviewing project documents, including contracts, plans, specifications and all related documentation and tailoring project deliverables accordingly.
- Ensures Customer Support team has entered order into ERP system. Works with internal colleagues to verify purchase order details including scope, price, etc. Ensures documentation is sent to Contract Team for review.
- Hosts project kick off meeting. Responsible for aligning project execution team with project deliverables and timelines. Serves as the main point of contact for customers, suppliers, and colleagues to effectively execute project deliverables.
- Reviews submittal requirements and all technical requirements of project. Ensures project execution team develops submittals in accordance with project requirements and timelines. Works with third party vendors to ensure submittals for buyout items are developed in accordance with specifications.
- Reviews contract and commercial requirements of project. Ensures Contracts Management Team reviews purchase order and comes to Contract Agreement with customer. Ensures any modifications to PO are updated within execution plans and invoicing plan is developed.
- Upon receiving approved technical submittal from customer, works with the project execution team to ensure all equipment is released to the appropriate parties. Ensures intercompany purchase orders and documentation is release to have product offering placed into production.
- Ensures project execution team procures all product from the appropriate parties. Works with third party vendors to acquire buyout items. Partners with procurement team to maintain project profitability by managing cost of products from third parties. Works with internal systems and colleagues to obtain Xylem products from internal warehouses.
- Ensure compliance with project schedules. Works closely with project execution team, Operations, Supply Chain, and other internal colleagues to manage customer deadlines and project requirements. Maintains continuous contact with customers to manage customer expectations regarding project timeline and deliverables.
- Ensures project execution team receives any necessary testing approval. Works closely with engineering and operations if any testing is not approved to determine next steps to obtain approval.
- Ensures project execution team develops O&Ms in alignment with project requirements and schedule and ensures project execution team ships, delivers, and bills equipment in accordance with delivery and invoicing plans. Works with freight forwarder to understand estimated deliver timelines and works to adjust if needed. Works closely with customer and internal team members to understand risks and mitigate potential delays. Takes a proactive approach to manage deliveries and customer expectations.
- Coordinates start-up and commissioning services. Ensures project execution team bills in accordance with invoicing plan. Works closely with customers to ensure expectations are met and helps to ensure proper project close out. Creates project handover to aftermarket for further aftermarket support.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Willingness and ability to provide superior customer support at all times.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Strong problem-solving and negotiation skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with customers, coworkers and management team
- Strong teamwork and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and the use of computer applications.
- Bachelor Degree with PMP (or similar designation) preferred
- 3-5+ years’ of relevant experience
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting of 20-25 pounds.
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility or customer job site.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees and customers on a daily basis
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Intermittent exposure to job site conditions; e.g., gas fields, petrochemical refineries, mills, mines, construction sites, industrial/power plants, waste water treatment plants, etc.; intermittent exposure to shop noise and fumes.
- General office environment and use of phone and computer equipment.
- Travel as required to fulfill the duties listed above or as required by the Company.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.