Senior Engineer - Process Commissioning
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) A leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #lets solve water, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Xylem’s Treatment Project Business and its efforts to provide technology, products and systems for efficient movement, treatment of Sewage to use of treated Sewage in gardening, road cleaning, flushing and other commercial use at Government Municipalities, Power plants and Heavy industries. Specifically, Xylem employees share a passion for meeting the world’s needs by offering the best water solutions to our customers. Xylem seeks employees with the ingenuity, skill and passion to help solve the world’s water challenges.
The role – Biological Process Commissioning Engineer for various Sewage Treatment Plant Projects at various Xylem Sites. Biological Process Commissioning Engineer will be responsible for complete ownership of the project process commissioning supporting to Project Managers. This role has to keep the track of all the process commissioning activities of various STP projects starting from inlet parameter testing, maintaining DO, daily testing of various parameters in laboratory, SVI testing, MLSS & MLVSS testing etc. Also, Biological Process Commissioning Engineer to coordinate and communicate regularly with internal team at site, Head office and with customer so that day today updates can be shared and updated. Biological Process Engineers role would be to keep all the biological process results handy. As, there will be multiple projects, The successful candidate should coordinate with each site laboratory chemist time to time through phone calls to make sure plant performs as per requirement and immediate support to customer site team to have Xylem support. The successful candidate need to ask frequent photographs for inlet and outlet effluent and share the same with other support system sitting at various location at globe. The successful candidate will provide the training to customer team before handing over the plant. The successful candidate will attend, present and convince end user, pollution control board for our technology.
The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to succeed in a fast-paced fluid environment, while ensuring customer satisfaction is maintained.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Part of the project execution team. Work closely with the project managers/project Engineers on execution of the project.
- Responsible to monitor closely the operation of SBR to initiate commissioning.
- Must monitor and report any issues to reporting manager irrespective of the nature of it.
- Generate daily report and share with all stakeholders for better awareness of the site status.
- Must establish solid understanding of the principles of waste water treatment processes and their application.
- Evaluate the behavior of Sewage characteristic and observe the growth of MLSS in Basin very closely.
- Evaluate plant operations: assures proper adjustment of plant processes; coordinates sampling operations to assure proper balance of treatment steps and meeting effluent requirements; ensures the proper conduct of laboratory tests performed by operation staff.
- Supervises plant maintenance activities to ensure the safe, reliable and efficient operation of equipment; verifies proper implementation of plant preventive maintenance plan as well as the work order issuance for any corrective maintenance whenever required
- Ensure Quality, Health, Safety, and Environment (QHSE) policy is adequately implemented.
- Assist the client in all STP technical Matters related to WTP or WWTP
- Responsible for commissioning of STP by matching the effluent parameter as per the tender requirement.
- Evaluate operations and activities of assigned responsibilities. Recommend improvements and modifications whenever required.
- Should take ownership to troubleshoot any equipment issue during commissioning by following up with OEM or SME.
- Willing to travel to remote site and stay till the completion of handover of plant.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Masters in Chemical or Environmental background ( preferable)
- Worked at wastewater treatment plants as Biological Process Engineer at site atleast for 5 to 10 Years and its application.
- Problem Solving Skills and strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Develop and maintain a safe and well organized workplace, and ensure that all Best Practices and safety initiatives are followed.
- Ability to work with ambiguity.
- Ability to take a leadership role in group meetings and projects.
- High Energy, self-motivated, result oriented individual
- Team player
- Ability to manage multiple priorities effectively.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- Site commissioning and STP operation.
- Willing to travel to remote site.
- Travel to remote site and may have to stay for weeks.
- Meetings and Presentation to various customer as and when required
Stamina and Adaptability:
- Capable of working with cross functional team
- Adaptability to work with different work culture, time zones.
- Staying at remote sites for prolong period.