Engineer/Sr. Engineer - EIS
Windchill PDMLink, Project link administration and support. Knowledge on PTC cloud deployments preferred. Should possesses knowledge of process design, implementation, development, programming, administration, and ongoing support and issue resolution:
- PTC Creo Suite of Tools with specific focus on Creo Parametric, Creo Simulate, and Creo Direct
- PTC Windchill (Xylem Global Vault) platform
- Preferred work experience with Sigmaxim
- Understand systems and business process for PTC Creo and PTC Windchill & responsible for the administration, maintenance of these applications. Sigmaxim software experience preferable.
- Provide on-going support to the user community and help resolve local issues about standard policies, procedures, process best practices and standard tools.
- Actively works to improve daily processes, to ensure all CAD and PLM systems meet customer requirements
- Tailors CAD and PLM Applications functionality, to established requirements, policies and procedures & process best practices and standard tools
- Develop queries or programs and utilities to support the application
- Assists in the testing and implementation of new deployment or upgrades to the CAD and PLM systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Proven computer literacy that includes PC Windows environment w/specific skills in MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio & MS Project required
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, self-motivated, and a general understanding of engineering/manufacturing data requirements and design tools
- Preferably couple of yrs. Change & configuration management experience with CAD and PDM tools (Creo, Sigmaxim & PTC Windchill preferred)
- Supports projects and teams related to Engineering Systems applications.
- Provide enterprise-wide administration and support for Engineering Systems applications.
- Champion Xylem Integrated Systems (XIS) Engineering Systems applications throughout the organization.
- Ensure the success of all XIS Engineering Systems applications through direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control, and completion of projects, ensuring Xylem’s strategy, commitments and goals.
Describe the Person
Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience).
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, preferably in Engineering and Computer Science.
- 1 - 5 years of Engineering, or IT experience, product engineering area working with processes and systems.
- 1-5 years of experience with CAD and/or PDM tools required (Creo, Sigmaxim & PTC Windchill preferred) in the implementation, configuring, testing, administration and using PTC Windchill applications PDMLink and ProjectLink.
- 1-5 years of experience in the implementation, configuring, testing, administration and using PTC Creo applications.
- Experience with analysis, and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- Poise and ability to act calmly and competently in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Must be a critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, able to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, work well in a demanding dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary and virtual teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
- High level of personal integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity.
- High degree of initiative, dependability, and ability to work with little supervision.
- English language fluency
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time, if needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job successfully. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Travel: 10-25%