Global Product Manager - Dewatering Systems Intelligence
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Your Role: The Global Product Manager is responsible for managing, developing and driving profitable business growth for the Dewatering M&C and Digital Services product portfolio. This role manages its products through the whole lifecycle by gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product roadmap, value proposition and working closely with R&D to delivering and introducing winning products to the market in close collaboration with the commercial teams.
This position is responsible for developing and executing strategies to maximize product line profitability including; managing strategic and market pricing, defining value-engineering priorities, products to be discontinued and working with marketing to promote profitable product lines to suitable applications.
**This position can be based and performed in any location in the United States, except Colorado**
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Defining the product strategy by develop and execute the product portfolio roadmap. Manage the product life cycle strategy and execution.
- This role is people responsible for one product manager.
- Product development including launches by collaborating with Sales, Marketing, and R&D to drive next generation value propositions by a rigorously understanding of the Voice of Customer. Develop appealing value proposition. Drive and execute product launches.
- Sales/orders performance and profitability of the products. Responsible for Sales forecast input to Operations. Carefully follow up product sales, order, price and standard margin with the aim to reach targets, if not identify and drive actions to close the gap. Provide strategic pricing guidelines. Participates in technical meetings, conferences, workshops, industry days, trade shows and association events.
- Responsible for understanding and providing the level of support needed e.g. training for sales channels and supply chain to be successful.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- You have an Academic degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical Engineering, Marketing, Finance or equivalent
- To be successful in this role you must have solid experience from Water industry minimum 3-5 years. You have a technical background combined with experience in strategic sales and marketing and is commercially focused.
- Excellent skills in English, both oral and written, are essential to perform this work as part of a global company. Communication skills in Swedish are a plus.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.