1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Overview of the role:
As a member of the Xylem Europe legal team, the paralegal will support attorneys and our clients by reviewing and negotiating certain types of contracts, maintaining corporate records, supporting various compliance and other corporate processes, as well as supporting litigation. We are looking for a collaborative, positive and high energy person, being eager to learn and who labels themselves as someone with a high standard of detail and continuous improvement mindset, with a strong performance and a get it done attitude.
- Support attorneys and clients in processing various agreements. Redline agreements for attorney review and communicating with stakeholders.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders on status of agreements and facilitate timely execution of contracts.
- Conduct client-facing trainings on various topics relating to legal and compliance processes
- Assist in administration of corporate records (board meetings, director and officer slates, entity management, entity consolidations, and other items as needed).
- Assist in maintaining litigation files and litigation tracking.
- Assist as needed in legal tasks related to compliance issues, such as provision of business courtesies and third party due diligence.
- Managing outside counsel on onboarding process on behalf of the function and maintaining and evaluating outside counsel preferred provider network.
- Working with Regional GC and finance on legal budget and financial performance and annual operating plans
- Be a first point of contact in certain matters, summarizing and channelling matters to other members of the European Legal Team as appropriate.
- Update various databases of the legal department.
- Prepare PowerPoint Presentations and legal templates for internal use
- Other legal and administrative support as needed, including preparing and organizing team meetings
Minimum professional and educational background desired
- Relevant diploma or degree
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experienced in the Windows environment using the following tools: Window Explorer and Internet Explorer.
- Excellent English language skills, written and oral.
- Fluent in Italian: legal knowloedge