Business Automation Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Business Automation Manager is responsible for providing data management leadership and critical design, support, and management of key internal business applications.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and implement a data warehouse across legacy systems including but not limited to RentalResult, STEEB, Salesforce.com, Access, Oracle, and Workday.
- Design, develop, and implement software analytics and business automation applications
- Coordinate the collection of requirements gathering across multiple business areas during the application design process
- Support executive management data analytics requests
- Partner with Business Units, Global/Regional Process Owners and IT on aspects of global and local data continually evolving business processes to streamline efficiencies.
- Assist team members in resolving technical and internal customer issues
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts peers in management to share information and improve cross-departmental financial processes
- Stays abreast of industry leading best practices and brings them to the attention of the leadership team for innovative application. Develops and leverages partnerships (and relationships) with internal and external stakeholders to meet business needs.
- Monitor and troubleshoot critical issues and outages related to team applications
- Document and develop business automation processes to optimize process efficiency
- Develop and deploy key business metrics dashboards and reporting
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field of study or Business Information Systems
- 2-3 years relevant work experience in a technology and/or business environment
- Knowledge of modern or legacy database management systems (DB2, PostgreSQL preferred)
- Knowledge of business intelligence systems (Tableau, Cognos preferred)
- Understanding of business processes and related software applications (MRP, ERP, CRM systems)
- Strong communication and analytics skills
- Process oriented and data driven
- Project Management experience is a plus
- Product Master, material and BOM experience is a plus
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.