Technical Services/Software Development Project Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Technical Services/Software Development Project Manager who will provide support for our hosted customers, as well as, build and maintain knowledge about Sensus systems. We are looking for a self-starter capable of taking initiative on projects as well as recognize issues that may arise and escalate quickly to the engineering team.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provides technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations
- Provide reliable application support which includes proactive monitoring, troubleshooting, and system optimization
- Plans, organizes, and directs the dedicated processes to ensure the stable operation of hosted Head End System.
- Responsible for managing and setting priorities for the proactive monitoring process
- Ensures the effective monitoring and response to field endpoints, software, and network problems
- Own and manage escalated support cases
- Log and document all issues in our issue tracking system, updating cases as needed until resolved
- Become an expert in using our applications and develop understanding of how the application works at a low level
- Provide feedback on how to improve the product
- Help improve Technical Support methods and processes
- The Technical Services Project Manager shall also schedule and direct activities to resolve hardware and software problems in a timely and accurate fashion (root cause analysis, deep drive)
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelors or equivalent work experience required in the computer related field
- 5+ years of experience (hands on) software development
- 5+ years of experience leading support teams
- Strong operating systems knowledge – Linux (Red Hat/other), Windows (all flavors)
- Excellent analytical ability
- Must be able and willing to work flexible shifts, including nights
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong verbal/communication skills required.
- Ability to adapt and work in a fast pace environment.
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals with high quality standards.
- Must demonstrate ability to working with cross functional teams.
- Strong account/customer management skills
- Good analytical and debugging skills, strong software aptitude and creative ability, a meticulous approach to analyzing and resolving complex technical problems
- Familiarity with Salesforce case management system a plus
- Knowledge of networking a plus.
- Knowledge of automation/scripting languages a plus (Perl, Python, other)
- Knowledge and experience to maintain technical processes and automations/scripts
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.