Events and Field Marketing Specialist
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Events & Field Marketing Specialist will work closely with both Sales and Marketing to generate innovative, engaging customer experiences. They will be responsible for delivering outstanding events to help Xylem Analytics build lasting relationships with customers, grow our brand awareness, and ultimately generate demand for our products and services. These events include primarily tradeshows, but also customer trainings, social hours, and more.
The ideal candidate will have a firm understanding of B2B marketing concepts and strategies. They will be able to juggle multiple ongoing projects independently, and would describe themselves as a highly organized, self-starter. They would be confident in their ability to work with a cross-functional team, and have a knack for using analytics to drive continuous improvement.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Plan, coordinate, and execute on highly engaging field marketing events for Xylem Analytics in North America, including primarily tradeshow exhibitions, but also customer trainings, social events, and more
- Research and implement innovative strategies to continuously improve all Xylem Analytics events
- Tightly manage and execute on our overall tradeshow program, streamlining operations, vendor management & our exhibition portfolio
- Manage, organize, and ship inventory for national events including booths, promotional goods and marketing literature – both in-house and at outside vendor warehouses
- Work with Creative Marketing Manager to maintain Xylem branding guidelines/standards for all field marketing events – and to craft event messaging
- Review and process all required contracts and financial arrangements related to field marketing activities
- Track all event finances, including (but not limited to) check requests, invoicing, and reporting spend
- Measure ROI for all customer facing events and maintain event metrics using our CRM database (Salesforce.com)
- Collaborate with the wider product management and marketing team to align all field marketing efforts with our strategic marketing plans (and budgets)
- Coordinate internal marketing events and large annual meetings as necessary
- Maintain a detailed events/tradeshow calendar to keep sales and marketing informed of upcoming activities
- Provide regular reports on event performance, sharing qualitative/quantitative analyses and plans to improve future field marketing activities
- Upload new leads and contacts generated from marketing initiatives into our CRM database (Salesforce.com)
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BA/BS degree in marketing, public relations or related field
- 2-3 years of prior experience with marketing, lead generation, tradeshows and/or event management
- Superb organizational skills, with the ability to coordinate multiple projects with varying degrees of complexity
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to interface with a cross-functional team
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and translate that analysis into meaningful change/improvements
- Experience using CRM systems preferred (but not required)
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Ability to lift 30-40 pounds
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10-15%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.