1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Flygt A-C Pump, a Xylem Brand manufacturing some of the world’s largest pumps, seeks to hire an Aftermarket Technician to work at the Pewaukee, WI location. This position will be responsible for providing specific technical direction and advisory services to the onsite contractor, in house engineering, and in house operations functions of the Flygt Custom Pump Operations. Activities include supervision of installation, testing, and commissioning of Custom Pump products and systems. The Aftermarket Technician is also responsible for providing sales & technical support for all past, current, and future pump installations. Finally, this position has responsibility to make verbal and written recommendations for repair sales opportunities, fully supporting company goals and objectives.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Manage projects for aftermarket to ensure timely completion of design related tasks, under the supervision of an Aftermarket Engineer. This includes proper coordination and interaction with operations and assisting operations in the execution as required.
- Prepare inspection reports for aftermarket projects.
- Inspect pump components and record results for repair work scope development.
- Assist the shop with the assembly of repair pump projects as required.
- Serve as technical consultant on design and manufacturing issues for both new and aftermarket products.
- Coordinate in-house assembly and testing of pumps for aftermarket projects in cooperation with shop operations.
- Interface with agents/ customers on a variety of issues: sales, marketing, service, etc.
- Perform field service on pumps for customers (i.e. repairs, start up, etc.). This includes pump and system vibration data collection, analysis, and review.
- Complete field service assignments as needed.
- Investigate field requirements in terms of design application, and failures for various conditions and revive with an Aftermarket Engineer to determine solutions for customers.
- Backup for Aftermarket Manager, Technical Services Engineering Supervisor, and Customer Service Representatives on calls from customers asking technical questions.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma with at least 5 to 10 years of related shop and field service experience with rotating equipment or engines.
- Possess a working knowledge of pump or rotating equipment.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills.
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and personal interaction skills required.
- Develop and write comprehensive technical reports on the assessment of pump repairs and field service calls.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Ability to obtain valid passport.
- Rotating Equipment (pumps, turbines, engines, large industrial equipment) Knowledge
- Field Service and Customer Service Mindset
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Demonstrate Agility
- Inspiring accountability
- External: Customers, Vendors, Third Party Engineers, Third Party Vibration Specialists, Work Crews
- Internal: Aftermarket Manager, Aftermarket Engineers, Shop Employees, Project Managers, Product Engineers, Application Engineers, Products Designers, QA Manager and Technicians, Planner, Customer Service Representatives.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- The ability to physically maneuver around and spend significant durations in facilities where pumps are installed or manufactured.
- The ability to lift and carry 50lbs
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Administrative-computer and telephone usage. Operation of basic office equipment and machinery: such as fax machines, copiers, and printers.
- Job Site: New and rehabilitated facilities utilizing pumps and pumping equipment including construction site environments.
- Travel: Significant domestic and international travel via airplane, car, or other transportation vehicles, up to 50%+ of the year.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.