1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Overview of the role:
Supporting the UK Strategic Bid Manager, the process led Applications Engineer is responsible for the preparation high quality, competitive tenders for multiple processes, products and services in order to meet business targets, follow up sales work and support with negotiating and communicating with customers.
The role will include working with Xylem core product and process offerings in order to design and select products for core offerings.
Manage and lead team through professional standard knowledge of all job areas. Drive processes proactive, dynamic and straightforward. The position needs to be approachable to all required areas.
- Prepare design concepts to customers.
- Support preparation of PID’s, GA´s and other Sales design deliverables.
- Assist with the development of sales presentations and proposals.
- Responsible for regular tracking proposals / projects in coordination with Commercial Teams (e.g. SOP funnel calls).
- Support DOA processes.
- Conduct trainings to Sales Team, distributors and consultants in agreement with PM.
- Ensure trouble free order process / hand-over to order execution team.
- Identify new sales opportunities.
- Represent company at trade fairs, association meetings and conferences.
- Close collaboration with sales team to ensure high win rate on projects.
- Liaise with other company functions to ensure achievement of objectives.
- Waste water treatment system design
- Clean water treatment system design
- Designing and selling core product offering
- Designing and selling multi brand packaged process solutions
- Misc equipment sourcing e.g. pipe work, valves and pen stocks, small civil works, electrical works, PLC control and SCADA etc
- Understanding of pump technology and systems
- Commercial awareness of contractual conditions of contract i.e. IChemE, NEC, and other relevant subcontracts etc.
- Process Engineering and System Design Expertise
- Relevant Engineering Degree
- Experience in sales, engineering, large projects, product development, product management with Biological, Oxidation, Filtration and Disinfection technologies and/or other Water and Wastewater treatment technologies,
- Language skills (English),
- Experience in working in an international environment.
- Reasonable ability and willingness for travel.
- Continuous Improvement Mindset.
- Cross-Boundary Collaboration
- Inspiring Accountability
- Self motivated & self starter
- Organised team worker
- Efficiency and attention to detail (A good ‘complete finisher’).
- Ability to work under pressure and assess priorities,
- Very good communication skills;
- Commitment to meeting deadline giving high levels of customer service;
- Ambition to become a recognised specialist in packaged process sales along with other products within the XWS portfolio.
Tendering Schemes £1K - £5M
Tendering ~10 schemes per month
Preparation of bid quote workbook and identification of DOA requirements.
Department Sales Target Approx. £20m
- Review of client specifications.
- Development of package system solutions to undefined client outcomes using engineering and product application knowledge and expertise.
- Coordination and preparation standard product and multi process designs to client’s specifications and requirements.
- Liaison with engineering team regarding system design and preparation of tender design deliverables.
- Liaison with purchasing team regarding preparation and issue of supplier enquiries and subsequent analysis of bids
- Coordination and preparation of proposal documentation along with associated supporting information to client’s specification and contractual conditions e.g. NEC3 and iChemE.
- Coordination and support of DoA processes to seek bid price agreement with management team
- Site Visits and audits to establish project needs in order to assist bid development
- Customer visits to end users and contractors in order to understand tender requirements during the bid.
- Post bid customer meetings to complete technical and commercial bid reviews.
Actively support the entire tender process, R&D projects, product launches, lean six sigma (LSS) projects and quality management.
Internal communication to all departments. External communication to customers, suppliers and other interested parties.
Regular and active participation to meetings, Conferences, R&D and Roadmap workshops.