Senior Project Manager
Snr Project Manager – Source to Pay Program
If different from the Position Title
Reports to (Solid):
Finance Transformation Leader - Europe
Reports to (Dotted):
S2P Program Manager
Xylem’s organization is seeking an accomplished Snr Manager with experience deploying Source to Pay systems. This position will work in close partnership with Xylem’s Finance, Procurement, and IT leadership. Knowledge of the Source to Pay lifecycle and the Coupa product suite is preferred. This is a multi-year program assignment located in Xylem’s Vadodara, India office.
This senior manager is responsible for providing some stewarding support in critical enterprise investments and driving the delivery of strategic and transformational change by providing support to the leadership and direction to assigned programs. The role may evolve, during the future years to come, to be responsible for stewarding similar program for specific scope/region.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Provide overall program support to leadership, guidance, and manage some aspects of a given program, including requirements gathering, and driving third-party implementation partner, internal Xylem business and IT teams for successful program completion.
- Provide steady leadership support in the face of uncertainty, change, and aggressive deadlines common to a rapidly growing company with an evolving business model
- Develop and manage relationships with and between all key program stakeholders, including supporting the negotiation of roles and responsibilities
- Support resourcing strategies to ensure optimum support for program’s projects/workstreams and for the day-to-day operational activities.
- Proactively help support project managers across the program providing coaching and managing expectations of delivery and requirements where needed to ensure efficient and effective execution of project objectives.
- Support financials tasks at the program and/or project level, as appropriate. Administrate program budget variance and scope change requests and participate in the budget-resolution process.
- Ensure that the scope of the projects within the program align with business priorities
- Administrate program-level risks and interdependencies.
- Understand and manage dependencies and priorities across the projects within the program; ensure an integrated implementation of project deliverables across the program.
- Promote collaboration and coordination across broad categories of stakeholders.
- Organize cross-functional meetings and foster teamwork, drive escalation and resolution of issues.
- Administrate resourcing issues with project manager(s) and resource manager(s), as needed.
- Provide technical expertise in planning, execution, and leadership of program and projects
- Provide program reporting and status to senior management.
- Maintain excellent relationships with all levels of the matrix organization
- Administrate realistic and reliable staffing plans across the program, focusing on the availability and commitment of appropriately skilled resources.
- Clarify, identify, and track requirement, decisions and issues, remove barriers, resolve minor project issues and escalate as appropriate
- Consolidate all detail project plans / or key relevant activities for program projects/workstreams into an overall Microsoft Project program plan
- Support administration preparation for regular weekly status reports, risks, issues, and decision logs
- Collect information needed and help to prepare for Steering Committee meetings
- Ensure artifacts / templates are prepared and follow proper document management
- Coordinate and administrate project sessions/workshops/meetings when it is required
(Job Function specific; simplified list with link to full description by Career Stage in MyHR.)
· Analytical decision making
· Business focused delivery
· Inspire accountability
· Continuous improvement mindset
· Lead people & teams in matrixed environment
· Cross-boundary collaboration
· Manage transformational change
· Communicate masterfully
· Plan and prioritize work
· Skilled project management
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Must have demonstrated leadership ability, business acumen, and industry knowledge
- Proven ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal and external organizations across multiple sites
- Adept at helping team members harness and develop strengths in pursuit of successful program outcomes
- Ability to achieve broadly communicated objectives with a minimal amount of supervision
- Ability to promote innovative ideas and accept the risks that are required to lead change
- Ability to make decisions independently and to assume higher-level leadership responsibilities in critical situations
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Ability to innovate under new and/or changing conditions
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Effective consultative and influencing approach
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
- Ability to succeed in a dynamic matrix organization
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Cultural adaptability
- Virtual and remote team leadership capability
- Flexibility and responsiveness to input.
- Experience with Source to Pay process.
- Experience with implementing Procurement and/or Finance Digital Technology
- Experience with Waterfall and Agile methodologies required.
- Experience managing technology projects required.
- Experience with Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) or Global Business Services (GBS)
- Exceptional PowerPoint skills, including functionality and design.
- Expert with MS Project for project planning, detailed scheduling, tracking of dependencies and critical path.
- Proficient with MS Teams
- Self-motivated, quick and assertive
- Extremely detailed oriented and organized.
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced English language proficiency
- Ability to work well under pressure and comfortable with change and complexity.
- PMP certification (Project Management Institute)
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10-15 years of project management experience including implementing large-scale complex projects, preferably in the Source to Pay products.
- 5 years program management experience stewarding global large-scale complex programs.
- Flexible working hours to work with global teams. Overlap hours with CET and EST timezones
- Must be able to travel internationally to support program workshops, testing, deployments, etc as needed.
- Ability to work remotely (from Home)
- Prince2 certified preferred.
- MS project management certification preferred.
- Finance or Procurement background preferred.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Coupa Source to Pay experience preferred.
- Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) / Global Business Services (GBS) experience preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment in Vadodara, India
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- May require travel to project sites.
- Work may require lifting up to 35 lbs.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.