Project Manager II, Procurement
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The position will manage projects assigned by the XGP leadership team and/or the Sr. Project Portfolio Manager. He/she will use the project management principles to manage projects - creating project plans, identifying task owners (with input from the project owner in GEP), performing risk management, stakeholder analysis, providing regular project updates and ensure the task owners are delivering on their tasks as outlined in the project plan.
This position can be located in Seneca Falls, NY or Morton Grove, IL.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Utilize Microsoft Project or similar professional software to manage project details. Lead the creation of the project plan with project owners for all phases of the project.
- Collaborate at initial project plan creation to define the project plan.
- Implement effective progress meeting status updates using project tracking tools.
- Effectively communicate project schedule and agreed upon tasks; driving deliverables internally
- Facilitate development of project milestones with the supplier and supplier commitments. Highlight issues as appropriate if supplier is not executing to plan. Develop countermeasures.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelors of Degree in related field with 5 years experience in project management and at least 2 of those 5 years experience in procurement project management
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Experience managing projects related to procurement and demonstrated skills, tool usage in presenting project plan updates in a concise manner.
- Supplier interface experience
- Management / Technical Skills
- Proficient in project management software and Microsoft Office products, especially excel; good facilitation and analytical skills; excellent interpersonal skills, team building and conflict resolution experience. Knowledgeable in Gantt charting, six sigma techniques
- Adaptive Learning, Continuous Improvement Mindset, Cross-Boundary Collaboration, Core Inspiring Accountability, Customer Solution Orientation, Innovative Thinking, Planning & Process Orientation, Project Leadership, Solution Design, Systems Thinking, Teamwork, Technical Problem Solving
- Project Management Certification (Prefereably PMP or CAPM from the Project Management Institute)
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Location: Seneca Falls, NY, Morton Grove, IL
- Travel: 25% domestic
EOE including disability and veteran