1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
Xylem seeks to hire a Credit Analyst plays an important role in supporting business growth across Xylem Europe. In this you will work with analytical processes including a detailed ‘grounding’ of customer credit and contract negotiation across the region and support on education among sales and project management groups when it comes to Accounts Receivables and risk assessment. Timely feedback to other departments and sales team is critical for this position. This role reports to Manager, Credit & Collections and provides support to the finance teams and other key stakeholders for the units assigned.
This role requires an enthusiastic and highly motivated professional capable of working in a fast paced environment while collaborating with various business stakeholders in administering the day-to-day operation of Xylem’s Global Finance program.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work with Customer/Country risk assessment across the region
- Analysis of customers financial statements and risk assessment
- Support Commercial Sales team in contract negotiation of payment term and risk
- Handling Bank guarantees and letter of credit, work close with our Treasury function
- Reduce the Account receivable position and achieve the AR KPI`s according to the Group targets
- Support on creating a Cash culture within the organization to keep the financial objectives
- Manage customer risk, block and the release of deliveries, validation of account opening
- Apply the Group Credit Policy and support the standardization of financial processes across the company
- Support audit requests and month end close activities as needed
- Gather feedback from relevant stakeholders and make recommendations for technological and process improvement
- Other tasks, duties and responsibilities as assigned (i.e. back-up other team members as needed, etc.)
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or related field, plus a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience in a Corporate Finance environment
- Previous experience working with Order-to-Cash is required
- Expertise in customer financial statement analysis, trade reports and credit reference processing preferred
- Prior experience and knowledge of regional & global credit bureaus (i.e. Dunn & Bradstreet, Soliditte, Equifax, etc.) is preferred
- Fluent level of English, additional language skills preferred
- An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures in the specific countries in the region
- Experience in a Regional and or Global environment
- Demonstrate both the ability and motivation to work collaboratively in a team environment, across regions and functions, as well as working independently with minimal oversight.
- Self-starter who can prioritize tasks and manage deadlines, navigate and be successful in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Excellent analytical skills demonstrating an ability to identify root cause, generating and evaluating alternatives, and implementing solutions.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Please note we are looking at a start date of August 2021
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.