Commercial Finance Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Commercial Finance Manager is the business partner to the sales organization and will be responsible for the analysis and consolidation of product line performance. This will be a highly visible role that will also work with other functions including Marketing and Product Management to understand and support the strategic growth objectives for all product families. He or she will also work closely with the Finance Manager(s) and Cost Accountant to understand key drivers of orders, sales and gross margin results by product family.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work with the GM, Director of Finance and Sales Management team to set KPI’s for all product lines including targets for orders, sales and gross margin.
- Owns the quarterly commission process and works with Regional Sales Leadership to calculate the internal sales rep payouts.
- Partner with the Sales Team monthly to track external sales rep performance and calculate commissions based on the sales agreements and contracts while approving any exceptions.
- Participate and/or lead Continuous Improvement projects that focus on improving the commission process and product line profitability.
- Develop model to evaluate sales mix by product line and customer and review results with the Commercial and Finance teams.
- Partner with the Finance Managers to understand key drivers of product line performance each month and make recommendations to enhance performance to KPI’s.
- Understand the pricing strategy set by Marketing; develop tools to review pricing performance and make recommendations to maximize price realization
- Reviews and approves customer contracts and changes to standard terms/conditions as set by the delegation of authority.
- Create standard gross margin reporting by product family for each vertical market segment across the North American region.
- Ownership of the Region’s weekly flash reporting of sales and orders to the Business Unit’s Senior Leaders.
- Manage all local Oracle ERP and Discoverer reports and partner with BU Management in ensure accuracy of Business Objects reports.
- Manage the College Intern and assign/delegate tasks as appropriate.
- Ensure all Commercial processes follow Xylem Corporate Financial Policies and US GAAP.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BA / BS degree in Accounting r
- Master’s degree and/or CPA/CMA preferred
- Minimum of 3-5years commercial finance experience, ideally in a publically traded international manufacturing corporation.
- Strong understanding of the commercial finance functionwith experience calculating internal and sales commissions and sales mix.
- Experience with complex ERP systems; Oracle preferred.
- Highly proficient and experienced with MS Office tools, Business Objectsand Discoverer Reports.
- Ability to partner with Sales and Marketing Leadership and influence key stakeholders to drive a Continuous Improvement culture.
- Have the ability to perform in complex cross-functional business environment with a global perspective of business environment and technology.
- Must exhibit critical thinking and a strong drive for results.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Remote work flexibility.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.