Continuous Improvement Manager
We’re Hiring for a Continuous Improvement Manager!
If you are excited and passionate about helping #LetsSolveWater, consider joining our team today! Xylem, Inc. is a leading global water technology company servicing more than 150 countries and is dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues. We are looking for individuals to join our mission by exceeding customer expectations through smart sustainable solutions. At Xylem, you will have the opportunity to solve water by participating in our paid Volunteer Program, Xylem Watermark!
THE ROLE: The Continuous Improvement Manager will be responsible for driving the development and implementation of the Continuous Improvement (CI) program in the Auburn, NY manufacturing facility. In this role, the incumbent will also engage with site leadership in implementing the strategic plan, identifying cost reduction opportunities, and setting forth cultural maturity initiatives. We offer a full benefits package to include Flexible Time Off (FTO) for salaried positions, health, dental, vision, investment savings plan, and additional miscellaneous benefits.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Drive the development and implementation of the CI program in support of the strategic direction and business operating plan.
- Participate in developing and influencing site strategy, planning, and execution
- Grow, harvest, and manage the cost savings improvement funnel for the facility to achieve annual goals
- Own the Lean Maturity assessments and improvement initiatives for the site.
- Work across leaders and workers to identify, modify, and sustain process changes including reducing waste and improving operational efficiency.
- Mentor and challenge employees of all levels to realize the benefits, methods, and behaviors of CI
- Act as a change agent to the site and remove organizational barriers to continuous improvement processes.
- Engage on the shop floor through regular gemba walks and interactions across all shifts.
- Develop staff for advancement within the organization
- Lead goal setting, assignment of projects, review of progress, approval, and feedback for direct reports.
- Report on and forecast CI KPIs, developing RCCA plans as required to achieve annual goals.
- Develop, present, and mentor CI training activities and certifications for the site.
- Calculate project savings and work with Controller to validate achieved LSS Savings.
- Additional duties and responsibilities may be required based on organization needs
- BS Degree in Engineering or Technical field
- Formal CI training with demonstrated hands-on usage of common Lean and Six Sigma principles
- 5+ years of successful leadership in executing continuous improvement / Lean / Six Sigma efforts and enabling efficiency, effectiveness resulting in demonstrable tangible financial benefit
- 2+ years’ experience facilitating multi-day workshops including Hoshin Kanri, VSM, RCCA, 5S, and Kaizen Rapid Improvement events. Experience managing teams in an indirect or influential capacity
- Experience managing to a financial savings target
- Demonstrated ability to implement cycle time and waste reductions for the purpose of metric driven process improvements
- Must have strong data analytic capabilities with experience creating trend, histogram, and pareto charts
- Proven leadership skills to coach and manage teams to fully deliver chartered objectives and projects.
- Experience managing complex projects, meeting set deadlines and budgetary requirements
- Robust knowledge of computer platforms and standard MS office applications
- Excellent communicator with the ability to create and present professional quality presentations and reports
- Be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills in planning and organizing to handle multiple tasks concurrently.
- Ability to coach, mentor, and inspire both direct and indirect individuals
- Demonstrated experience with ensuring effective Change Management
- 5+ years’ experience within a commercial manufacturing facility
- 5+ years in a management role with direct reporting personnel
- Lean Master or Six Sigma Black Belt certification
- MBA or advanced degree
- Experience developing, implementing and leading continuous improvement programs.
- Formal training in leadership competencies (e.g. D&I, coaching, motivation, change management, development planning, financial acumen).
- Demonstrated experience applying advanced CI tools (e.g. OEE, TPM, MDI, Continuous Flow, Work Cell Optimization, DoE)
- Working knowledge of a P&L and sound financial acumen
- Experience training and certifying others in CI tools and methodologies
- Proficiency with MS Project, MS Visio, and Minitab
- Proficiency with AS400 ERP/MRP systems
- Experience working within union environments
DAY IN THE LIFE:
In this role, the working environment is a mixture of shop floor and office areas, and the physical demands may include but are not limited to sitting, standing, reaching, bending, lifting <35lbs, and moving about the facility. In addition, this role may require travel up to 10% and occasional off-shift hours to support business needs.
The estimated salary range for this position is $115k to $135k plus bonus. Starting pay is dependent on multiple factors, such as skills, experience and work location, and is not typically at the top of the range. At Xylem we offer a competitive compensation package with a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
At Xylem, we embrace diversity and strive to create avenues where employees feel valued and appreciated through our DE&I initiatives and Employee Resources Groups (ERG). Xylem is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action workplace. Xylem prohibits discrimination, harassment of any kind and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex or sexual orientation (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, marital status, medical conditions or disability, genetic information, age, or other non-merit factors.
Join the global Xylem team today! Xylem is a team creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges through developing new technologies and services that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor, and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential, and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
Disclaimer: The information listed within this job description is designed to indicate the general nature of work expected for this position and shall not be viewed as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required in this position. Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily and if requested, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable employees with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their job absent undue hardship. Xylem reserves the right to modify this job description or assign other duties to this position as needed.