Director of Product Marketing
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem is the leading global provider of efficient and sustainable water technologies and our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges.
We are committed to social responsibility and corporate citizenship through our Xylem Watermark program, where colleagues volunteer their time and talent to provide and protect safe water resources for communities around the world, deliver disaster response, educate children, and raise global awareness about critical water issues. Innovation, diversity and inclusion are also key to our culture.
Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. We develop and provide technologies that improve the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Director of Product Marketing for Xylem Vue. In collaboration with Sales, Product Management, Practice Management, and other Marketers, this new role drives profitable growth for the Xylem Vue digital solutions software product portfolio which serves the global Water and Wastewater Utilities market.
The Product Marketing Director is responsible for developing differentiated marketing strategies and campaigns to communicate the vision and value of our products, and effective sales tools to facilitate the selling process and aggressive client acquisition. Success in this role requires deep Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) domain knowledge, digital and modern marketing sophistication, value creation experience in a start-up environment, and a pragmatic and intentional commercial instinct.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Develop global growth marketing plans;
- Build and execute global marketing plans for the Xylem Vue product portfolio that define the optimal path to profitable growth, that are actionable, encompass go-to-market strategies, competitive landscape, value proposition, customer segmentation, consideration for new business models, and specific growth actions.
- Work collaboratively with Xylem Vue Practice Managers, Segment Area Leaders, Product Managers and across the enterprise to integrate our product positioning and value story with Xylem reference solution architectures to solve for specific applications/customer pain points.
Build a Robust Product Content Engine;
- Standardize and build a reservoir of comprehensive, premium, high value content that frames our products around the solutions they provide to customers’ challenges and pain points, including spec sheets, product demos, use case videos, and customer presentations
- Create a stable of high impact sales enablement/accelerator reference tools to bring consistency to our client engagements and sharpen selling effectiveness. To include Solution Playbooks and strategies that connect the dots between product value, customer needs and differentiated Xylem Vue positioning.
Drive Demand Generation;
- In collaboration with the Demand Generation team, design strategic, data-driven and best-in-class demand marketing campaigns that consider the entire customer journey from engagement, to acquisition and retention, utilizing proven SaaS marketing strategies such as free trial offers, financial calculators, and subscription as a service models.
- In partnership with Demand Generators, activate a strong, integrated program of product/solution-specific inbound and outbound lead generation including webinars, cases studies, blogs, SEO, PPC, social media, and email marketing.
Establish Unparalleled Customer Insights;
- Develop detailed insights into Xylem Vue target customers, with standard work supporting robust understanding of senior Utility leader challenges and decision drivers.
- Conduct Voice of Customer in conjunction with the Product Management team to enable a rhythm of listening to our customers in order to provide them with differentiated experiences, relevant content and communications that trigger action.
- Collaborate with Product Management team to create a portfolio of customer personas that represent their needs, pain points, decision considerations, and preferences.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering required.
- 15+ years global experience, including SaaS marketing experience.
- Water sector experience
- Agile marketing knowledge.
- Dedicated, passionate and energetic leader with the ability to “get things done” through the power of influence.
- Strong interpersonal skills with proven track record of forging excellent relationships.
- Ability to articulate vision and motivate team.
- Strong results-orientation and execution characteristics.
- Ability to understand the bigger picture and translate strategy into action.
- Strong ability to market a wide range of technical complex products in a matrixed, fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Strong business acumen and commercial knowledge.
- Proven experience translating digital marketing activity into meaningful growth opportunities.
- Strategic thinker, analytical and results oriented with experience working across functional and organization boundaries.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Project management experience and organizational skills.
- Comfortable working with and briefing teams at multiple levels (executive, department head, working group, and sales) in both customer and Xylem organizations.
- MBA preferred
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Inspiring accountability
- Analysis and synthesis
- Customer and Market intelligence
- Influence Market Strategy and planning
- Sales Enablement and execution
- Market Innovation
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Leading people & teams
- External: Industry associations, customers and other relevant value chain players (consultants, partners, etc.), marketing agencies
- Internal: Sales, Product Management, Practice Management, Engineering, Commercial Teams
Why Work at Xylem!
We offer you a creative and international environment where you get the opportunity to focus on your personal and professional development together with committed and helpful colleagues. Engage as a volunteer through Xylem´s business program for community initiatives Xylem Watermark: www.xylemwatermark.com.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Must be able to travel within the region and at times globally up to 40%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.