Senior HR Business Partner
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Come join a winning team providing technology solutions to protect water resources for all generations while you grow your HR and business understanding. Our organization uses advanced technology and digital solutions to improve the management of water around the world. The Senior Human Resource Business Partner is a hands-on role that delivers full cycle people services enabling our organization to attract, manage, develop and retain outstanding colleagues to meet customer needs and achieve business objectives. This role provides internal customer support and drives HR functional excellence and process improvement. As a member of a global HR team, this role requires strong team collaboration across businesses and geography.
This position will provide HR support to employees at multiple global locations.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Maintains a deep understanding of all HR programs and policies and ensures compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Leads the implementation and execution of various human resources processes and procedures for employees for the full employee lifecycle (hire to retire) while ensuring an effective, sustainable people agenda over the long term.
- Responsible for the onboarding process of the new employees. Coordinate as necessary with the recruiting team for certain portions of the process. The onboarding process will occasionally include relocation and immigration support and coordination.
- Partners with the Benefits Center of Excellence regarding the communication and administration of all benefit plans to employees, including annual enrollment process.
- Serve as liaison and employee advocate as required. Assist in answering employee questions and resolving employee relations matters.
- Partner with business leaders on varying people-related business needs, organization design (acquired employees, newly established teams, teams going through change)
- Influence cultural evolution through employee engagement, leadership development, talent development, rewards systems, and building on our inclusive and diverse environment. Encourage adoption of and participation in key events and platforms (such as Xylem Now, Month of Service, World Water Day, etc.).
- Act as a catalyst for building organizational effectiveness within the business group
- Support team priorities and goals in the areas of Talent Management, Recruitment/Talent Acquisition, Foundational HR Activities, Benefits, Data Analytics, M&A and Leadership Development
- Communicate the HR strategy, goals and objectives to employees on a regular basis, ensuring consistency of messaging across the Americas locations
- Consult with corporate and strategic business unit operations to identify, prioritize and develop practical solutions to satisfy human resource needs and achieve operational excellence
- Work closely with other HR team members and utilize Shared Services team members as appropriate and when needed
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field.
- 7 years of HR business partner or generalist experience supporting leaders at global companies. Previous experience working with dynamic and high-growth digital solutions/services companies a plus.
- HR experience in organizational design, succession planning, performance management, diversity/inclusion, business consulting, compensation and rewards, recognition programs, culture keeper, employee engagement, coaching/development, talent management, conflict resolution, talent acquisition, data analysis, employee relations.Ability to assess HR needs on an organizational level and to facilitate organizational change.
- Effective consulting skills, ability to coach executive leaders, able to present solutions that are heard, understood and supported
- Adept at communicating to all levels in the organization, earning trust and building credibility
- Experience with highly skilled, entrepreneurial, technology-focused teams highly valuable, particularly in high-growth organizations that have scaled rapidly
- Facilitate effective leadership development experiences
- Strong collaborator, managing multiple inputs and delivering solutions with a one-team mindset while maintaining a good sense of humor in a complex environment
- Ability to maximize relationships and communicate constructively when offering quality advice, counsel and insights
- Experience in facilitation and designing of training programs and M&A integration experience preferred
- Proven ability to build and maintain relationships with peers, leaders and client groups
- Workday experience a plus
- Strong leadership skills with an orientation towards results, meeting deadlines and providing quality service
- Ability to assess HR needs on an organizational level and to facilitate organizational change
- Ability to adapt and remain flexible in a growing and dynamic organization. Able to manage situations where limited information, standardization or resources may exist
- Change Agent personality and skillset
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.