Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Support sales channel partners and external customers by providing pre through post-sales technical and commercial support.
- Provide Applications Engineering support to customers with design and proposal of Xylem’s systems; specification review for the purposes of identifying and facilitating pre-bid needs.
- Prepare customer proposals and quote letters for assigned projects. Includes project takeoffs, specification review, and special quote generation.
- Coordinate with Engineering teams for technical support. Act as a liaison between Engineering and the customer.
- Develop technical depth and understanding of Xylem products and applications knowledge.
- Handle order to cash process. Prepare cost estimates, proposals and work with sales in negotiating final price and customer acceptance resulting from scope of supply changes.
- Coordinate shipping processes to meet project schedule requirements. Review equipment order status reports as needed, to identify critical delivery requirements. Coordinate equipment delivery requirements with the Customer.
- Utilize Customer Relationship Management (CRM), quotation and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools to input new data and maintain existing data to current status to support internal and external customer interactions and needs.
- Create legendary customer service experiences for all customers.
- Provide support as requested for technical education and training on product application software tools, technical product information, process flow or general customer support to other sales support positions.
- Participate in special projects to create best practices, improve processes, create training tools or to support Xylem initiatives as determined and conduct related presentations or training sessions
- Continuous improvement mindset
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- Inspiring accountability
- External: Direct and indirect customers
- Internal: Sales, operations and engineering teams
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
Minimal education & experience, essential skills & abilities and required license/certification to perform this job.
- 4-year degree in engineering 4-5 years’ experience (manufacturing environment preferred)
- Technical knowledge as it relates to the understanding of industrial applications
- Strong customer service soft skills
- Good collaborative and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and task management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Ability to work with diverse workforce and customer base
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Additional preferences for a specific position.
- Experience with Salesforce.com Customer Relationship Management (CRM), Configure Price Quote (CPQ), and/or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tools
- Ability to train personnel to perform standard technically oriented work
- Ability to gain expertise in Xylem product configuration and selection tools
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Light lifting (20-25 pounds), office environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Business Office Environment that includes laptop and standard office equipment; work performed in an open plan, cubicle work space setting
Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Travel requirement: <25% travel required to fulfill the duties listed above; other travel as needed or required by the company
Other local requirement: Customer Solutions team covers extended hours of 8:00 am to 6:30 pm; may require shift in start and end times to accommodate customer base outside of the standard 8:00 am to 5:00 pm