General Manager – FP&A and Commercial
POSITION DATA SPECIFICATION
General Manager – FP&A and Commercial
Director - Finance & IT
Part 1. Describe the Position
(1) Job Purpose:
FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) and Commercial finance responsibilities of Xylem India include leading the monthly operating reviews and estimates (strategic plan, yearly operating plan, budget, quarterly estimates), providing a high quality & insightful analysis on the actuals and provide complete commercial finance leadership to the operating teams on an ongoing basis.
In addition to the FP&A and Commercial, this role also shall support the CFO and MD on various critical strategic initiatives with various financial modeling, sensitivity analysis and come up with recommendations on business decisions.
(2) Goals and Objectives: Several bullet points for setting performance objectives.
A) List the essential functions and major activities in order of their importance.
Financial Planning & Analysis
Part 2.Describe the Person
A)Minimum professional and educational background desired (include years of experience).
(1) Key technical skills and knowledge.
- CA/CMA with 8-12 years of experience with special focus on financial planning, analysis and commercial finance
- MBA in Finance will be an added advantage
- Experience developing forecasts & operating plans and leading business / finance reviews with local/HQ leadership teams
- Experience leading in a matrixed environment in an MNC
- Strong in analytics with ability to clearly connect the dots by linking the operational performance to the financial outcome, identify the drivers and identify the recovery path
- Strong in defining MIS reports in MS-Excel/MS-Powerpoint, including management packs deriving inputs from ERP and using Business Objects (Hyperion, etc.)
- Should have constant flair for industry updates, work on competition intelligence and market analysis, with good external focus
- Forecasting skills with clear-cut assumptions, building base case and sensitivity around base case with the right variables
B) Describe the most important Leadership competencies required of the individual. (5-8 competencies are mandatory competencies)
- Clear thinking/result-oriented: led cross-functional projects on new processes/continuous improvement. Able to work in ambiguous situations, break the problems into logical segments and bring out solution to the larger issue
- Confidence / Assertiveness: confident to approach senior executives at local/HQ level and has strong influencing skills to drive various actions towards achieving the organization’s goals
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others.
- Excellent communication skills: prior experience working with people at various levels and from various functions within the organization with an ability to clearly communicate the financial challenges/outcomes of the business performance. Communication has to be clear, firm and succinct.
- Self-driven, highly energetic having an eye for the details
- Coach, mentor and develop the talent within the organization, not just in his/her team but also across the finance team, to be part of building a strong finance team for Xylem India
This role provides a very high visibility to the senior management within the global finance organization as well within India leadership. This role is the second-in command in Business/Strategic finance and offers working closely with the MD in various strategic initiatives in addition to driving the overall performance in its journey to profitable growth. The highlight of this role is the combination of FP&A and Commercial finance, being part of the Turnaround journey