1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, is hiring a Marketing Specialist. The successful candidate will be energetic and organized; is a quick study and is able to adapt in a dynamic environment.
Help plan and execute events from start to finish. Work with the sales organization to support sales-led opportunities through lead-enrichment and content development. Hone those writing and editing skills. Master marketing tech applications, and regularly report on project/campaign results.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- The Marketing Specialist is responsible for driving and delivering events and other marketing programs on time and on budget. The ability to manage multiple priorities and stakeholders in a fast-paced environment is essential. This role reports to the Director of Marketing Communications and works closely with the Events Marketing Manager.
- Help plan and execute tradeshows and events
- Maintain event documents and agendas
- Provide presentation and other content support for Field Marketing and Sales teams
- Assist Marketing Communications team with content development using solid writing/proofing/editing skills
- Project manage external and internal/cross-divisional teams from Marketing Communications, Product Management, Channel Marketing, Sales and other corporate brand teams to determine joint strategy on events and other projects as needed
- Communicate regularly and effectively with internal and external stakeholders and vendors
- Build post-event metrics and reporting
- Provide budget tracking and management support
- Research and recommend best practices from emerging marketing
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing, or a related field
- 1-5 years of marketing experience (B2B)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proofreading and copyediting skills
- Multi-tasking and time-management skills, with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.). CVENT, other CRM and CMS software, and Adobe Creative Suite experience is a plus.
- Event experience preferred
- Can assist with other tasks as assigned
- Ability to travel up to 40%
- Has a strong sense of ownership and drive, a self-starter
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – comfortable engaging others and asking questions
- Strong organizational skills
- Prefers working collaboratively within a team environment
- Comfortable working within multiple marketing technology platforms
- Tends to see the humorous side of things
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 50%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.