Communications Project Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots.
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative, and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved, and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration, and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Communications Project Manager is responsible for developing content as well as promotional and sales enablement assets for product launches, customer facing events and critical business activities. The scope of work is global and focused, but not limited, to the Treatment business. To succeed in this role, he/she will work in tight collaboration with product management and engineering to understand both the product positioning and foundational statement that will guide all marketing communication efforts.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Leads the production of global marketing communication assets for product launches, liaising with product management, engineering, and vertical marketing to create a solid value proposition and promotional asset package.
- Liaises with Vertical Marketing and local marketers to understand the scope of critical product launches (prioritized markets, regional specifications, etc.) and adapts asset production accordingly.
- Coaches the creative process of promotional and sales enablement assets, ensuring consistency in both content and visuals and adherence to Xylem’s branding guidelines.
- Gives advice and produces marketing communication assets for projects involving product updates and upgrades, as well as for key customer-facing events and critical business activities.
- Plans and implements content projects in collaboration with our copywriter, to strengthen Treatment’s brands highlighting our engineering expertise and technical innovation as well as our impact in society and sustainability.
- Collaborates with colleagues from the EU Commercial Team Marketing department, to design and create assets for campaigns on a diversity of topics, involving Water Infrastructure’s products and technology.
- Works proactively and reactively with PR for Water Infrastructure projects as well as supporting Corporate Communication PR activities and campaigns.
- Supports regional and country level marketing teams, providing them with relevant content and graphical resources related to our products and technologies.
- Effectively prioritizes workload with the goal to positively impact Water Infrastructure’s business goals, brand awareness and customer intimacy.
- Advises product management and engineering on the use of internal communications digital channels like DAM, Xylem Now, and Oasis, for better distribution of information inside the organization.
(Job Function specific; simplified list with reference to full description by Career Stage in MyHR.)
- Marketing strategy and operations
- Content marketing
- Digital marketing
- Inspiring accountability
- Cross-boundary collaboration
- External: Creative and production marketing agencies and PR agency
- Internal: Product management, engineering, EU CT marketing team, regional and country marketers, and commercial teams.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or marketing studies
- 5-8 years marketing communications experience with both strategic and operative responsibilities
- Ability to translate complex information into actionable communication plans and key messages
- Demonstrated experience working within international or global organizations; experience working in engineering and/or industrial companies is a plus
- Strong project management skills and ability to manage multiple projects concurrently, prioritizing appropriately and maintaining professionalism under pressure
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team in a fast-paced, high-energy, and deadline-driven environment
- Excellent people skills demonstrated through positive interactions with colleagues and cross-functional teams, in a multicultural work environment
- Excellent communication skills in English, both oral and written, is a must
Additional preferences for a specific position.
- Good understanding of digital marketing, CMS management and CRM platforms like Market and Salesforce
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.