Marketing Communications Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Marketing Communications Manager. The Marketing Communications Manager should be an energetic, creative, and strategic thinker who will champion marketing communications that breakthrough the clutter and build brand equity with customers across a diverse set of products and services. The right candidate thrives in a lean, high-energy environment. They are a collaborative self-starter with a history of directing people, developing scalable processes and successfully managing projects to completion. This candidate is the ultimate “strategic doer”, with deep knowledge of marketing strategy, communications, and implementation.
This is an opportunity to develop breakthrough communications programs, have a direct personal impact on Sensus customers, prospects, and help accomplish the company’s revenue goals.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work with product marketing and sales leadership to set market strategy
- Define and execute strategy for media, campaigns and tradeshows
- Work collaboratively in a team environment to achieve goals
- Build awareness and preference
- Manage agency partners
- Write simply and clearly across various channels
- Manage your budget
- Track competitors and market trends
- Develop compelling content and engage in web and social media
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Education: Bachelor or advanced degree in marketing, communications, journalism
- Experience: 7+ years of marketing experience for B2B high tech, wireless and/or RF technologies, industrial, SaaS and/or Cloud industry (IoT, M2M, Smart Grid, cleantech a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communications
- Must be enthusiastic, self-motivated and demonstrate excellent problem solving and decision making skills
- Have experience working closely with sales, product marketing, PR, and field marketing
- High initiative, self-starter with hands-on approach
- Passion for building strong brands
- Customer-first mindset
- Eye for detail and creative development
- Must be well organized, able to meet deadlines and have the ability to multi task in a fast paced environment
- Foster effective and collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Proven track record of success and demonstrated ability in leading teams
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Aptitude for technology and willingness to learn new technologies or processes •Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Salesforce.com, Cvent, Adobe Suite, Marketo
- SEO, PPC, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of current trends in digital/social media
- Analytical and results-driven with ability to meet budgets
- Have good judgment, make the right decisions when it’s called for, and know when to seek approval
- Can work effectively independently and on a team
- Ability to set and track campaign and communication KPIs and optimize for continuous improvement Experience with Marketo or Eloqua is preferred but not required.
- Ability to travel (10-25%)
- Sense of humor and ability to thrive in a strong team-oriented environment
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
EOE including disability and veteran