Demand Generation Manager
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Demand Generation Manager will be responsible for the planning, development and implementation of integrated, data-driven marketing communications strategies and programs that support the growth objectives of smart water/smart utility market segments. As part of the NA Water Marketing team, you’ll execute targeted marketing campaigns designed to build awareness and generate demand for the Sensus water product portfolio in North America.
The ideal candidate will collaborate with Marketing Communications and Vertical Marketing teammates, as well as Product Management, Sales, SPAN, and other teams throughout the organization to translate go-to-market strategies into campaigns that deliver. You’ll leverage internal resources and manage relationships with external partners and agencies to successfully execute online and offline marketing communications campaigns.
Skills & Experience
- Collaborates with MarComm Manager, Vertical Marketing Manager and Product Management to determine strategic direction and prioritization of go-to-market initiatives.
- Teams with MarComm Manager to develop campaign strategy and determine project ownership. Drives and reports on performance for those owned projects.
- Plans, creates, and launches integrated marketing campaigns by overseeing campaign vision, objectives, creative and implementation.
- Develops content, copy and other promotional materials to be used in all marketing channels. May also work with agencies and other third parties to create campaign deliverables.
- Ensures consistency and continuity in presentation of the Xylem brand and the company’s product brands.
- Develops a robust lead generation funnel that supports the segment’s customer acquisition and growth goals.
- Work with Marketing Technology team and fellow Demand Generation professionals to establish a process to drive and manage a pipeline of qualified leads and line of sight to revenue that can be attributed to marketing efforts.
- Contributes to the development and refinement of customer personas that represent their needs, pain points, decision considerations, and touch point preferences. Helps ongoing efforts to build out full buyer’s journey.
- Works with Field Marketing Manager and sales teams to ensure marketing support materials are provided and to facilitate lead handoff process.
- Network and share best practices within the team and with other marketers across Xylem.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing or Communications
- 5+ years relevant working history, plus experience working with and managing agency partners.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Industry knowledge helpful
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Data and analytically curious. Likes to interpret and use consumer insights, analyses, market research, and sales/market data to develop highly targeted, customer-centric marketing initiatives.
- Results-driven: direct marketing experience or history of success managing “performance-based” marketing programs (being able to tie marketing investments back to revenue and proving ROI).
- Comfortable working with cross-departmental teams.
- Experience with Agile methodologies a plus
- Sense of humor and ability to thrive in a strong team-oriented environment
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel within the region and at times, globally, up to 25%
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.