South EU Functional Financial Analyst - INTERNSHIP
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
INTERNSHIP 6 MONTHS
The South organization including Italy, Spain and Portugal is a $200M Sales and 30M base costs region, part of the Europe Xylem organization. The Functional Analyst is a key member of the European Functional Support Finance team, supporting senior functional FP&As to deliver comprehensive financial reporting; planning & analysis across all the functions. In this role, the analyst will also support efficient cost management and business partnership, set up/ improve processes & tools as well as important projects across Europe.
Reporting directly to South Finance Business Partner, this is a unique opportunity for a dynamic and ambitious FP&A analyst to develop deep knowledge and skills on a cost management environment along different functional costs areas.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work with the Finance BP, HR, and Business owners on preparing strong bottoms-up planning by cost center ensuring data accuracy, consistency, cost visibility and provide cost center owners with timely financial information.
- Perform data analysis, understand the trends, identify the unusual expenses, anticipate gaps and raise recommendations to meet corporate/internal stretches.
- Develop deep cost knowledge to support accurate short and medium term forecasts; outlooks and estimates.
- Support cost visibility and accountability through Monthly/Quarterly meaningful analysis by country, region and growth center for Italy and Iberia spending.
- Provide understanding and visibility on gray areas and support and execute corrective actions to the appropriated functional/costs lines.
- Support closing process for all the functional areas to ensure consistency, accuracy and completeness of financial reporting: promptly analyze preliminary actuals figures on real –time basis, review accruals/re-classes to ensure accuracy of monthly/quarterly financials, communicate and drive any correction required.
- Contribute to develop timely and standard KPI’s and cost management metrics to analyze business performance and provide visibility to key stakeholders.
- Establish solid relationships with local accounting, the extended finance team and functional teams to support completeness, regular visibility and accountability.
- Collaborate with the EU HQ team in order to build lean and harmonized reporting tools in order to provide complete understanding of the financial performance to our stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills
- Building acumen
- Finance project management
- Cross boundary collaboration
- Business partnership
- Inspiring Accountability
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics or related field.
- Fluent in English
- Advanced Microsoft Excel, Power Point, 1 Stream skills
- Strong analytical and financial modeling skills
- Clear thinking and problem solving
- Advanced communication skills both verbal and written
- Confidence/assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions
- Team player
- Able to deal with a lot quantity of data and multiple stakeholders.