Lead Application Development Engineer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role in the development of emerging disruptive technology and business solutions. Specifically, this role will be a key contributor to the expansion of Xylem’s current India Technology Center. Reporting to the Manager, Customer Solutions Group at ITC, this critical role will support Xylem in moving up the technology curve, from component supplier to a systems supplier, providing integrated products and intelligent solution offerings.
The desired candidate participates in generating typical solutions to solve customers’ problem around the Electrical & Control topologies, PLCs, SCADA systems and IoT powered Smart Solutions development. Team is expected to evaluate customer requirement and provide solution and perform POC (Proof of concept) as required.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Work and collaborate with different teams including product management, engineering, marketing, and sales teams to analyze and identify competitive products strengths, weaknesses, and differentiators.
- Benchmarking competitor product/solutions that are being offered by competition to customers in the region.
- Design and develop Software Solutions around Application needs to demonstrate the Proof of Concepts at the initial phase of the projects
- Work closely with the Engineering teams and Commercial teams to offer the best solution meeting customer needs.
- Coordinate with CT team/Customer for technical specifications & application discussion.
- Provide training and technology know-how to the commercial teams (Sales, Marketing and Engineering) on products.
- Knowledge of Water & Waste Water System would be added advantages.
- Be proactive in understanding product/service roadmaps and the implications of new features with peer engineers or self-training.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 4-Year bachelor’s degree / 4 + 2-Year Master’s degree in Instrumentation / Electronics & Communication / Computer Science Engineering / MCA
- 5-7 Years of experience in installation / Configuration of Smart Products / Solutions & interfacing with the Commercial teams
- Experience in Communication Protocols - Wired and Wireless like MODBUS / DNP 3/MQTT / Bluetooth/ OPC UA / Wi- Fi / NFC / DHCP / FTP etc.
- Experience in Application development - Dashboards, Web tools ,Visualization tools, Reporting tools , UX/UI tools and SCADA software
- Knowledge of database SQL,ORACLE & MongoDB
- Experience in developing software coding in C, C++, and Java
- Knowledge of LAN, WAN, Cloud, FO, Routers, Modem, IT Network components
- Experience in Data loggers design, configuration, Installation and commissioning
- Knowledge on Communication Gateways and interfacing the Smart Products with the same to build a data network for remote monitoring ( RF/VSAT/LORA/NBIOT,LTE)
- Knowledge of various regulatory standards – CE / UL / IEC / FCC etc.,
- Experience in setting up POCs as per customer requirement.
- Knowledge of API technology including REST and JSON
- Familiarity with Instrumentation and measurement of power converters is nice to have.
- Able to work in multi-disciplinary and remote-located teams.