Senior Software Test and Automation Engineer
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics
and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
The Role: Sensus, a Xylem brand, seeks to hire a Senior Software Test and Automation Engineer who will work in the engineering group to provide end-to-end System Integration Validation. Products include gas, water, and electric meters, Automatic Meter Infrastructure (AMI) smart points, in-home-displays, installation tools, head-end systems, and more. The candidate will also work closely with Product Development, System Test, and SW Engineering to insure the delivery of quality products to our customers.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Create and execute comprehensive test plans for product and system verification
- Develop and execute manual and automated test suite
- Drive and help to establish best practices and testing processes
- Ability to work closely with IT, hardware, software, and firmware engineers to assist in debugging, test, and development end-to-end smart grid technologies
- Test all aspects of system including meter, base station, head end, and user interface behaviors
- Ability to help develop, set up, and manage test environments
- Ability to use statistical tools in solving problems
- Considerable knowledge of IT, HW, FW, and SW test methodologies
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science; or equivalent experience is required.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a system verification related field
- Experience in System Integration of complex multi-product system networks with strong networking skills and IP interoperability background. (Prior exposure in smart grid applications and utilities would be a plus)
- Ability to identify and clearly document issues for resolution
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, orally with both local and remote sites
- Working knowledge of some or all of the following quality assurance methods: unit, integration, regression, and user interface testing
- Experience to determine if test automation should use commercial tools and/or custom scripts coupled with the ability to develop automated custom QA solutions
- Familiarity with QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution, test case management tools
- Working knowledge of data networking and communications protocols especially as applied to radio networks and WAN (wide area networks) is desirable
- SQL and Oracle database knowledge and experience with software configuration management is desirable
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of engineers to meet aggressive goals and high quality standard
- Must be team focused, excellent communicator and collaborative demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 10% or less
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.