IT Service Delivery Technician II
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire an IT Service Technician II. This position will serve as the primary point of contact for IT related issues for both the Lubbock, TX and Slaton, TX sites. This position will provide IT support services and is responsible for monitoring and sustaining the help desk ticketing system.
Essential Functions and Major Activities:
- Monitor the Help Desk ticketing system and provide timely assistance to customers with incidents, events, problems, requests and projects.
- Prepare timely documentation of issue resolution.
- Deploy computers, printers, multifunction devices, scanners, faxes, VoIP phones and mobile devices.
- Manage all computers, operating systems, and software required by end-user.
- Ensure connectivity of all equipment including workstations, servers, phones, mobile devices, printers, scanners, faxes and multifunction devices.
- Manage end user accounts, permissions and access rights in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software problems with computers, input/output fleet, voice and video equipment. Escalate incidents as necessary.
- Analyze the performance of the supported devices, identify and report common issues to the appropriate support groups.
- Work with business partners and other IT support teams to schedule and perform software and hardware improvements, upgrades, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
- Provide IT services for end users including visitors within the assigned region.
- Assist with resolving security related issues.
- Exchange information and knowledge related to IT services with other members of the support team.
- Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers and during data transfer in accordance with business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
- Coordinate the implementation of desktop and server systems with other infrastructure and applications teams utilizing industry best practices to meet corporate objectives.
- Practice network asset management as per documented processes.
- Support application development teams throughout project lifecycles.
- Perform other duties and special projects as assigned by the team lead.
Analytical Decision Making - Makes evidence based decisions using all available relevant data. Makes decisions within his or her scope of responsibility, and understands when it is necessary to ask for guidance. Leverages available tools, resources, and the expertise of others.
Business Focused Delivery - Continuously learns how the business operates and applies a general understanding of the business and its processes in his/her own work to improve service delivery.
Continuous Improvement Mindset - Asks questions of the organization on how things can be better and take actions to improve tasks or processes within his/her own scope of work.
Cross-Boundary Collaboration - Collaborates effectively within his/her own team and across functional, business, geographic, and cultural boundaries, showing a willingness to work with others, share information and insight, and leverage different points of view. Shares perspective and needed information with others in a timely, honest, and direct manner, while leveraging the skill, knowledge, and experience of others to create value added solutions within his/her area of responsibility, and helping others achieve their goals. Works effectively within matrixed organizations across Xylem and with external partner organizations to address challenges and collaborate on solutions that optimally address larger organization as well as local team goals. Demonstrates sensitivity to interpersonal and cultural differences by learning to adapt his or her own communication and working style appropriately, and acting in a respectful, inclusive way across geographic, cultural, functional, and organizational boundaries.
Influential Communication - Ensures written and oral communications are simple, clear, and audience appropriate (such as for cross-cultural, internal/external, non-technical, or virtual audiences). Ensures communication reaches the intended audience, and that the significance and impacts are well understood.
Inspiring Accountability - Takes a point of view, “speaks up” especially when not in agreement. Accepts responsibility for his/her own actions, results, and subsequent learning. Demonstrates drive and self-motivation, and a willingness to challenge the status quo. Aligns words with action: follows through on commitments, and openly and proactively communicates when commitments will not be met.
Managing Change - Supports the change agenda by advocating for the change in interactions with peers and stakeholders in his/her area of work. Implements the change agenda in his/her area of work, achieves buy-in among peers and stakeholders, and constructively engages any resistance (and escalates if necessary).
Planning and Prioritizing Work - Leverages governance and supporting processes and systems to qualitatively prioritize requests that yield the most business value. Appropriately leverages automation and sourcing opportunities (if available) to increase overall productivity. Remains agile by planning his or her work to maximize productivity, while adapting effectively to meet changing circumstances and critical needs as appropriate. Prioritizes moderately complex work appropriately based on dependencies, technology context, and the impact to the business.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 3+ years of Desktop support experience required or 5+ years of relevant IT experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
- ITIL knowledge preferred, Certification a plus.
- Practical experience and working technical knowledge of: Microsoft Windows OS (10, 7, & XP), Microsoft Office products, Networking, Active Directory, and Windows Servers.
- Hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Demonstrated experience managing a variety of IT related projects.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Experience working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- A+, Network+, Microsoft, Cisco, or other relevant technical certifications a plus.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 50 pounds.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Ability to travel between and support multiple sites in the local metro area (~20 miles).
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
- Shop: In locations with a factory or shop floor, exposure to factory/shop and machinery.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.