1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks an Electrician to support our Morton Grove, IL plant operations. The Electrician plans, lays out, installs, repairs and maintains all electrical systems within plant limits.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lays out, installs, troubleshoots, repairs, and maintains all electrical equipment such as but not limited to motors, motor-generator units, rectifiers, transformers, alarms, communication systems, machine and process controls, relays, circuit breakers, electronic devices, etc. according to the national electrical code.
- Installs troubleshoots, repairs and maintains switch gear, power sub-stations, transformers, power distribution systems, relay logic machine controls, lights etc.
- Checks material, supplies, parts, defects and non-standard conditions. Upon discovery notifies supervision of all shortages, defects, non-standard conditions and malfunctioning machinery and equipment.
- Maintains related records, cleans machinery, equipment and work area on a daily basis and performs preventative maintenance as assigned. Moves material as required using hand or power equipment. Performs all related miscellaneous duties as directed by supervision.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School with apprentices training or Electrical Trade School.
- Must read and interpret schematics, diagrams, blueprints and instructions.
- Three to five years as an electrician in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum three years’ experience.
- Must read, write and speak English.
- Must have a working knowledge of state and legal electrical codes as they apply to the work and understanding of the current National Electrical Code.
- Must either know or be trained in the following courses:
- Intro to ISO
- Wiring Diagrams
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development– To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards– We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks– Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Work is performed in a typical manufacturing plant environment under the following conditions: exposure to hot and cold temperature extremes, coolants, oil and water, noise, fumes, vibration, dust, mist, high voltage electrical current, chemicals and equipment with moving parts. Some duties will require working at heights in excess of six feet i.e. scaffolding and high lifts.
- The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical requirements include: good vision and hearing; ability to stand and walk, lift and carry 50 to 100 pounds occasionally and/or 20 to 50 pounds frequently and/or 10 to 20 pounds constantly; stoop, crouch, kneel, crawl, reach for and handle objects, pick, pinch or otherwise work with the fingers. Requires the ability to climb ladders and stairs.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.