Xylem is a leading water technology company committed to "solving water" by creating innovative and smart technology solutions to meet the world's water, wastewater and energy needs. In a world of ever-growing challenges, Xylem delivers innovative water technology solutions throughout the cycle of water. Our technological strength across the life cycle of water is second-to-none. From collection and distribution to reuse and return to nature, our highly efficient water technologies, industrial pumps and application solutions not only use less energy and reduce life-cycle costs, but also promote sustainability.
With a diverse global workforce operating in more than 150 countries around the world, Xylem’s brands have market-leading positions, a winning reputation and a proud heritage built over 100 years in the industry.
Manage the day-to-day accounting activities for the Hoddesdon and Axminster units and ensure that all financial transactions, systems and procedures comply with regulations, accounting principles, and standards. Drive the month end closing processes to achieve accurate and timely reporting. Activities may include: financial reporting and review; statutory reporting; taxation; insurance; accounts payable and receivable.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Overall responsibility for the month end reporting and close process for 4 SFC Hoddesdon units and the AWS Axminster sales unit including responsibility for delivering monthly financial reporting to agreed deadlines.
- Responsible for ensuring financial statements are prepared in compliance with Generally Agreed Accounting Policies and Xylem Accounting policies.
- Responsible for the timely review of all accounting entries and Balance Sheet account reconciliations.
- Management of Hoddesdon/Axminster team to ensure efficient use of resources in providing timely information.
- Support the Operations Finance team and Commercial Finance team through the preparation of financial accounting information in a timely manner, with a high level of integrity and in the appropriate format.
- Manage the team to ensure reports and data are provided to auditors and to the UK/I Tax and Statutory accounting team enabling the UK/I tax returns and statutory accounts to be finalized and filed on time.
- To support the UK/I tax and statutory accounting team on tax compliance and fiscal reporting as required.
- Utilise a continuous improvement mindset to identify and execute improvements in accounting processes and controls to drive increased reporting efficiency and accuracy.
- Review accounting responsibilities and potential problem areas to ensure adequate planning to cover workload in an efficient and effective manner
- Responsible for ensuring full SOX compliance for Hoddesdon and Axminster entities – with the support and engagement of other operational functions. Ensure procedures and internal controls are reviewed and documented on an annual basis.
- Report in a timely manner to the UK/I Accounting Manager all compliance or financial accounting risks and suggesting corrective actions
- Review all monthly control accounts, open order reports, base data information and ensure cost of sale data are recorded accurately.
- Engage with direct reports on a regular basis to provide feedback and guidance to support learning and career development
- To undertake any other ad hoc duties as and when required to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs
(Manager to provide additional responsibilities that is more organization/BU specific.)
- Building key relationships with counterparts in European FSSC to foster continuous improvement environment
- External: External Audit, Consultants, Banks, HMRC, Cognizant
- Internal: FP&A Team, Operations Finance team, Operational Leads, European FSSC, EHQ, Continuous Improvement team
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Previous team leadership experience.
- Professional accounting qualification
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience
- Degree level education.
- and/or UK GAAP (FRS101 or FRS102)
- working with off shore team
- Have experience of compliance with Sarbanes Oxley Act
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is generally conducted in an office environment.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently required to communicate orally.
- Ability to use hands and fingers dexterously to operate office equipment.
- Vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Will require travel to project sites.
- Work may require lifting less than 35 lbs.
- Employee use of personal protective equipment (PPE) may be required in certain situations.
- Employee must comply with all local regulations and published Company work rules as well as written instructions.
- Office: Florescent lighting, dust, recycled air, cooling fans, semi-enclosed areas, central heating, seasonal warmer temperatures and office noise
Standard weekly job hours:
37.25 hours per week. The post holder may be required to work such reasonable additional hours as necessary to fulfil the requirements of your role to the satisfaction of the Company.
Travel requirement: The role is located in Nottingham, UK with regular travel to Hoddesdon and occasional travel to other sites
Other local requirement:
- Follow all ESH policies and procedures
- Take responsibility for your own safety & watch out for the safety of co-workers and co-operate with employer on ESH matters
- Immediately report hazards, near misses and unsafe behaviors to your supervisor
- Participate in safety related activities as appropriate i.e. risk assessment process / audits
- Financial responsibility
- Organizational accountability
- Decision making authorities
- Operational impact
Overtime Eligibility: Y/N
Salary Range :