1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com
If you are excited and passionate about helping us solve water, we want to hear from you!
Sensus, a Xylem brand, helps a wide range of public service providers – from utilities to cities to industrial complexes and campuses – do more with their infrastructure to improve quality of life in their communities. We enable our customers to reach farther through the application of technology and data-driven insights that deliver efficiency and responsiveness. We partner with them to anticipate and respond to evolving business needs with innovation in sensing and communications technologies, data analytics and services. Learn more at sensus.com and follow @SensusGlobal on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
As a member of the Integration and Development Services Team, this engineer will create software for various customer engagements. This individual will work with clients to ensure that their deliverables are meeting requirements and expectations. The successful candidate will have the ability to multiplex and work simultaneously on more than one project in a fast paced, fluid environment. This individual will have experience interacting with clients. Travel to client sites is required.
* Create software deliverables for Professional services engagements.
* Participate on the end to end development from requirements to deployment
* Perform extensive, effective unit testing of software deliverables to meet or exceed customer quality expectations.
* Follow and continuously improve professional services processes and procedures.
* Collaborate with other teams in design, development, validation and delivery per Sensus SDLC.
* Ability to interact and work with customers remotely and in person as necessary.
* Bachelors/Master’s degree in Software Engineering, Mathematics or Computer Science.
* 2 – 5 years of experience with object oriented design and development techniques using Java technologies
* Demonstrated use of Java/J2EE application development technologies as well as a solid understanding and practical experience specifically with Spring, JMS/Messaging, XML, REST/SOAP development technologies
* Experience developing scalable Relational Database structures, RDBMS, NoSQL document stores
* Experience with web development, MVC frameworks
* Experience using Agile, continuous integration development and automated testing
NOTE: Occasional travel to customer sites will be required, based on demands. Travel for this role however will not be weekly.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Travel: 50%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.