Xylem (XYL) is a leading global water technology company committed to developing innovative technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. The Company’s products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced infrastructure analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. The Company’s more than 16,500 employees bring broad applications expertise with a strong focus on identifying comprehensive, sustainable solutions. Headquartered in Rye Brook, New York with 2017 revenue of $4.7 billion, Xylem does business in more than 150 countries through a number of market-leading product brands.
The name Xylem is derived from classical Greek and is the tissue that transports water in plants, highlighting the engineering efficiency of our water-centric business by linking it with the best water transportation of all – that which occurs in nature. For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
The Role: SonTek, A Xylem Brand, seeks to hire a Material Handler to execute Stockroom operations activities including: receiving, shipping, material transactions, cycle counting, and finished goods inventory accuracy.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Maintain a clean, organized, and accurate warehouse, including raw materials; finished goods etc.
- Inventory and transaction Accuracy
- Cycle count & reconciliation inventory counts
- Work order material issuing, Receiving and Shipping, serial number control
- Report any issues related to above activities
- Provide reports in above activities using Oracle and Excel
- Run daily and weekly reports
- Transact operations and close shop orders in timely manner
- Review engineering changes for inventory impact
- Distribute new and revised processes to work centers
- Coordinate material in manufacturing
- Responsible for meeting inventory accuracy goals
- Notify Planning and Purchasing of shortages, scrap, and other discrepancies in material counts
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- High School Diploma / GED
- 2 years ERP experience, Oracle preferred
- Organizational skills
- Work with minimal guidance on daily tasks
- Willingness to provide support for other areas as necessary
- Ability to multi-task
- Work within dynamic environment with customer delivery pressure
- Attention to detail
- Problem solver, Detail and result oriented
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
EOE including disability and veteran.