Builder National Accounts Manager - East Region
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Builder National Accounts Manager is responsible for the growth of Xylem products through Builder Market within a defined geography or a specific Account that is based regionally or nationally. Work with Sales Management to achieve maximum market penetration and sales of the company’s products identified as Builders. This involves the brands of Goulds Water Technology, Laing, B&G, and M&M. The employee will work closely with National and Large Local Builders to grow all product lines sold by developing strategies for Pricing / Promotions / Lead-time / Customer Service / Freight Policies. Comprehensive understanding of the Builders market within the region. Provide Information & Assistance to the Product Development / Marketing departments on New Product Release.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Deliver orders and sales targets versus budgets. Work with Builders to increase Sales & Market Share of products in territory and region. Displace Competitive products on Builders purchasing list.
- Travel to the Builder’s Headquarters and local site locations to Train and help grow Xylem Product Sales.
- Hold training for Builder personnel so they understand the value and point of use of Xylem Products
- Develop Marketing strategies working both with Marketing Team and Wholesaler representatives and assist in defining new Product Opportunities.
- Keep Management advised of competitors’ activities in Territory / Region.
- Monitor Pre and Post sale processes for potential issues.
- Make sure Accounts remain in good payment standing and actively engage in payment disputes.
- Make prospecting calls to Builders Corporate and Regional Locations.
- Attend appropriate trade shows and related events to expand market knowledge of products and trends within the industry.
- Effectively motivate non-reports to implement Strategies.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree or Preferred B.S. degree Mech. Eng.
- Minimum of 4 Years Builder Field Sales Experience (technical product knowledge preferred)
- Excellent communication, organization skills , and computer literacy
- Thorough knowledge of consultative/value-based selling.
- Detailed knowledge of Builders business models and vendor requirements
- Ability to work independently
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills
- Superior Oral & Written Communication
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Broad knowledge of the CBS (Commercial Building) industry, trade associations, codes/standards.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting, office environment
- Must occasionally lift/ transport up to 25 pounds.
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40
- Travel requirement: As required to fulfill the duties listed above (typically 50%). Other travel both domestic and sometimes international as needed or required by the company.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.