Director, Customer Service
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
We’re a global team unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology solutions to the world’s water challenges. Developing new technologies that will improve the way water is used, conserved, and re-used in the future is central to our work. Our products and services move, treat, analyze, monitor and return water to the environment, in public utility, industrial, residential and commercial building services settings. Xylem also provides a leading portfolio of smart metering, network technologies and advanced analytics solutions for water, electric and gas utilities. In more than 150 countries, we have strong, long-standing relationships with customers who know us for our powerful combination of leading product brands and applications expertise with a strong focus on developing comprehensive, sustainable solutions.
For more information on how Xylem can help you, go to www.xylem.com
The Role: The North America Director, Customer Service, reports to the Vice President, North America Sales and is responsible for leading strategic vision and to drive transformation within the business to integrate and lead our multisite, customer service teams as one cohesive team. With a customer centric mindset, you will work closely with customer service teams to continually innovate and improve the service strategy in alignment with the changing needs of business and customers.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Develop proactive, modern strategies with technology and execute these strategies to improve upon the customer experience, engagement and service
- Build a strong leadership team that cultivates excellence by continually challenging old methods, taking risks to improve results, and creating a fully engaged, cohesive and service oriented customer service team
- Leadership of the continuous improvement of processes to enhance current operations and set up team to deliver growth
- Ensure a high level of customer satisfaction from our distributors and customers.
- Analyze trends in key performance areas within customer service teams - ensure quality service and delivery standards are being met
- Analyze and establish operational processes and escalation procedures
- Identify opportunities for service delivery improvements.
- Build strategic relationships with key customers, distributors & other leaders internally and externally
- Foster a customer-focused culture
- Maintain current knowledge on industry trends and best-practices
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or related field required, MBA preferred
- 15+ years of related experience required
- Proven experience successfully driving transformation within a customer service or related organization.
- Experience in leading customer facing teams in a multi-channel environment.
- Demonstrable expertise in customer experience with a proven record of developing customer facing strategies which drive customer satisfaction
- Strong Process oriented leadership with keen knowledge of leading edge tools and technology to simplify and improve customer service.
- Proven innovator, responds promptly and reasonably when making decisions, effective at solving problems.
- Capable of streamlining and improving processes and troubleshooting.
- Possess strong customer focus mindset
- Successful candidate maintains high ethical standards and works by a strong moral compass. They keep their word and follow through on commitments. They are honest, credible, and trustworthy. They epitomize 'Doing the Right Thing - Always.'
- Successful candidate will be able to effectively convey their ideas and messages both formally and informally, in speaking and in writing. They will deliver clear, concise, accurate, articulate and persuasive written and oral messages, supply supporting facts as necessary and are adept at tailoring their communication to their audience. They will demonstrate ability to prepare reports, documentation and other written information thoroughly and completely.
- Must be strong in both oral and written communication techniques. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential. Ability to maintain composure under pressure. Strategic people skills are essential
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential. Ability to work in a matrix environment, understand the complexities and nuances of a multinational organization. Successful candidate will model and coach others to collaborate effectively, leveraging different points of view. Ability to work effectively with management with the maturity and ability to function independently as well as balancing strong team-work and collaborative approach.
- Successful candidate effectively manages multiple tasks to complete complex projects. They are organized and efficient, and able to define objectives, sequence, timeline, interdependencies and contingencies for projects or initiatives, maximizing time and resources and overcoming obstacles.
- Ability to motivate others by setting a compelling vision for the future and by being a role model.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- Must be willing to travel 50%
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.